Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok did a search and way to much to look in.
I prefer the look of titanium over carbon, but I was told carbon stays cooler than others. I'm going to get the Akro for my 06. With the cans up close to seat I want to try and keep heat down for the wife when she on. Anyone know if this is true or is the heat difference about the same?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I would go carbon they do run a little cooler. you can touch them within minutes of shutting the bike down. also the carbon stays much nicer than ti. ti you really need to keep clean..

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
deezuhl said:
I would go carbon they do run a little cooler. you can touch them within minutes of shutting the bike down. also the carbon stays much nicer than ti. ti you really need to keep clean..
:+1: :+1:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I always liked the look of titanium more, to me it looks less show more business style, but a week before buying my muffler someone must've touched and melted something on the standard titanium muffler cause there was a big red mark on it that wouldn't come off, that moment i changed my mind and bought a carbon. So now i'd say carbon over titanium.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Yep the cf is cooler. You can even touch the can while it's running.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Love my 2 Bros cf. I even like the silly cf design, triangles.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
If you're gonna ride a pasenger (especially your girl)
I'd definately get CF. Cooler.
In my case not giving rides, I'd go Ti. Ti doesn't
have the burn out issue CF does if you don't
repack the can. I have absolutely no personal
experience with the problem but did see a post way
back from the old guy from Flatout. (what's his
name again? Doesn't matter) Anyways....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts