Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e..._trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2&category=35589
Looks pretty nice. Looking at the reviews, they seem like they make some nice stuff with complete customer satisfaction. I know they are out of Hong Kong but I got my carbon fiber front fender and rear hugger on Ebay from McMotoparts and they are top knotch. Just curious if anyone has ordered from them. Im tempted and will probably pull the plug when I come into a little extra cash.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Dude, that is HOT! Grab it. I wish they made that for my '06.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude, that is HOT! Grab it. I wish they made that for my '06.
I know I should. For just under $105 shipped, you cant beat it. I just want to make sure they arent a company like Pit-Eck! Pit-Eck has awesome prices but they are the reason for the term "You get what you pay for" Anyways, I just emailed them to see if they have anymore pics. I also asked them if they supply the hardware (nuts, bolts, seat back pad, etc) because looking at the pic on Ebay, it looks like I would have to strip down my OEM seat cowl and place the hardware on the carbon fiber piece. I also want to see how well the seat cowl fits. I would hate to get it and then it have a big gap.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The temptation is too strong. I am going to get it. I will fill you all in when I get it.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm really digging that, hopefully it comes with the rubber back pad and hardware. If your just going for the CF look you could wrap your OEM seat cowl in CF vinyl.

·
Registered
64 Posts
dude be careful,some of the carbon fiber products sold on ebay does not fit well, may not be tight in all corners and i know it looks great on pictures, but sometimes they are different when they arrive to your door. I have been a victim, be careful. make sure they have good feedback on the product. just my 1c

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Carbon fiber and sun light don't mix well...Cool looking seat cowl but I think over time the sun will get the best of it. But I do agree with "micko24" I have see some piece of shit carbon products on egay/ebay haha

Do what you want to do, but I think it wont look right in less your hole tail is carbon fiber...

Just my opinion....

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the seller told me that I will have to use the hardware from my OEM seat cowl. That is what I was thinking too. Abprep07 is right about the sunlight, I had a carbon fiber hood on one of my cars and just after a year, it started to discolor. We will see though. I just couldnt pass on it and for $85, its not expensive at all. Im just keeping my fingers crossed that the quality is good and the the fitment is spot on. We will see. I will definitely post pics once I get it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i cant wait to see some pictures of how it fits! i love carbon fiber

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hey i've ordered several pieces from those guys and their stuff is pretty good quality...I say go for it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
subscribed :hello:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I finally got it and it is not great but good. Let me describe, the quality of the carbon fiber is pretty good but there are a few scratches on the clear coat. It looks like they packaged it before the clear coat completely dried. Now as far as fit, it sits a little forward. The holes for the OEM hardware didnt line up perfect and I had to drill them out a little. There is a gap at the tail end of the seat cowl. I will keep it on for now but will probably go back to the OEM seat cowl since it fits perfect. I will post pics tomorrrow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts