Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to add some carbon fiber upgrades to my 09zx10 and was wondering if... well are they all the same. What I mean is during my research (ebay, OPP etc...) I see tons of carbon fiber accessories for my bike but not too sure is they're all the same in terms of pattern and/or shade. Like if I were to purchase a Hugger from Puig or OPP and a front tire hugger from another place would they match of look totally different. Should I stick with one brand or not. Pls any impute would be greatly appreciated. thnx.

·
Registered
6 Posts
id try to stick with one company, i bought a carbon fiber hood for my miata from one company then bought a trunk from another one a couple months later and the patterns were 2 totaly different directions, this could happen when purchasing from the same company also but the chances of it happening would be slimmer i would think

it all really depends on who makes it i guess

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yes it depends on who makes it, there are many types of ways of working with carbon fiber. I mean you could order something with a high gloss finish then something else has the raw carbon look...They even make different colors of carbon Ha ha. Point being stick with one company if you can!!

All that crap on ebay is shit!! I got some shit from carbon works or something and I wouldn't ever buy anything again off them. THEY HAD SMALL AIR BUBBLES OR SOMETHING...pissed me off so bad!!

stay away from ebay for carbon in my mind!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Small air bubbles? For real? Yeah... Think I'm gonna stay away from eBay. Thanx. Any good leads where I could find good quality stuff?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Not really, after I did a hole bike in carbon fiber and the sun killed most of it I stay far away from it on top of all the crab work thats out there. I'm sure there are some members that have gone the carbon fiber way and love the look of it...They will tune in here in the nexted couple hours. I know of only one place and thats http://www.pro-fiber.com/shop/category/zx-10r-ninja/

They do nice work but are on the high side of things on top there in europe...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts