Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using the carbon fiber inlay frame sliders? I love the looks but they don't look all that substantial. Any experience as to the crash worthiness would be appreciated. You know the ones with the carbon fiber with the aluminum end cap and about 6 small bolts holding on the cap. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I am guessing the 58cycle/Motocircle sliders? I have been looking at them as well. I might pick them up.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Well they are delrin with CF inlay...and reinforced with aluminum.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Delrin is pretty much the industry standard...the end caps and CF inlay just purty them up. I already have some other sliders but they are junk so I didn't even bother installing them. I think the argument should be about no cut vs. cut sliders as opposed to the wrap and end caps.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I agree, but all sliders in a hard enough hit will break and then the world of problem's start from all the damage to the engine mount bolt being broken off...I stay far away from frame sliders now, lesson learned by one, two many mistakes...

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I agree, but all sliders in a hard enough hit will break and then the world of problem's start from all the damage to the engine mount bolt being broken off...I stay far away from frame sliders now, lesson learned by one, two many mistakes...
Yeah I hear ya...I have read the horror stories. It's kinda a crap shoot...it seems some are damned if they do, others are damned if they don't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts