Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any negative experiences with carbon fiber cans? I am in the market for new slip-ons. I have the Akra titanium hex with the carbon tip on my 10R. The tip has become less black, kinda greenish in certain light, obviously from the heat. Just got a Black '07 ZX14 and want to replace the torpedoes. Thinking if the Yosh TRC's, all carbon. Don't know if the finish is going to withstand the test of time. You're input would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
ive never had any issues w/ carbon. i had a Hindle TI on my zx7r and it drove me nuts how easily it stained and scratched.

CF is cooler to the touch and is damn durable (even holds up go to throwing your bike down the track :thefinger )

my buddy ran a 2 bros CF on his last bike and it faded horrible. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I had my M4 on my 2003 636 for three years and 26,000 miles with no issues.

I have had my M4 on my 2005 10r for almost two years and 12,000 miles with no issues as well.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Unlike v-twins, inline-4s are relatively easy on cf canisters. Some of the cheaper ones might fade if they sit in the sun for a long time but I never had any trouble with the Yosh stuff I've used before.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
my WRP CF can is doing just fine

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
I think it depends on the manufacturer and the quality of the material they use. I wouldn't buy anything 2 Bros makes, carbon or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts