Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a akrapovic and mid pipe from ebay the carbon slip on and mid pipe for 530 shipped it was slightly used. the only problem i ran into was there was a o2 sensor hole in the mid pipe which i dont need, so im just gonna plug it up with bolt non welding. I think thats the best way to do, any else have any other suggestions.

·
Registered
306 Posts
yes plug it dont weld it!!!
this way if you decide you want an auto tuner or motty later the o2 bung is already there

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. i just wanted to double check. well installation has ended for tonight broke one of the exhaust clamps the one from midpipe to header. the bolt was seized in it. i guess ill have to take a trip to the auto part store tomorrow see if they have the same size one in stock

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do have to admit this board has been very helpful since i got my bike i appreciate all the info and tips i am getting. those wires that went from the stock exhaust to under the seat were fun lol, but you guys made it easy on here just searched and found a thread how to remove without throwing a code. thanx again and ill post some pics when i finish the install

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just got done with the mid pipe and slip on install and what a pain it has been. one of the exhuast clamps broke and the other one sucks. there is a decent amount of exhuast leak from mid pipe to slip on i guess i will have to use some copper rtv or does anyone else have any suggestions

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I'm still amazed you paid $530 for a USED half system/slip on........that's NUTZ!!!!!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Hopefully you used the stock gasket when adding your slip on but you can use some silcone to help seal it up

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Push the clamp as far to the back of the bike as you can and seal it up with a layer of copper gasket:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts