Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all. I noticed others have an interest like I do for the real carbon fiber. I thought I'd start a photo collection thread for the 06-07 bikes, and would encourage others who have previous or later generations to do the same so we can all have a resource for future upgrades.

BTW...if you want descriptions of these parts or others in the photos, look at for user Snakebyte-tn in photobucket.com, or PM me so we don't hi-jack this "library" of carbon parts.

So here we go on this thread for the 06-07 carbon fiber ideas.

Powerbronze Upper Exhaust Guards:

Lockhart Phillips License Plate Frame

Front Sprocket Guard from eBay

Powerbronze Dash Panels

Meter Cover from Magical Racing

Front Fender from Bestem (Note I painted the top black, applied a charcoal metallic pinstripe, then clear-coated complete.)

Lockhart Phillips Frame Sliders (Note: Bike also has matching Swingarm Sliders)

Geelong Carbon Craft Heel Guards and Hugger/Chain Guard

Geelong Carbon Craft Hugger/Chain Guard and Lockhart Phillips Swingarm Sliders.

Lower Exhaust Guard from Powerbronze, Heel Guard from Geelong Carbon Craft, Hugger from Geelong Carbon Craft, and Upper Exhaust Guard from Powerbronze.

Tank Buckle Guard from Geelong Carbon Craft...Note that GCC has several colors fibers woven in with carbon that look great too. I got the crimson weave for my ZX-12R and am really pleased with it.

Well, that pretty much covers the carbon on my bike, how about your real carbon upgrades?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice snakbyte, been looking for more CF for my 06 also.. I have the Front fender,side panels, both From Bestem USA.. I need to get the dash panels and a hugger..
I did like that rear hugger but for $455(AUD) $390 (U.S).. Ill pass.
http://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=444&category_id=7
BTW...Yes it is a little high IF you're only getting it for appearance.

However, it has the GCC quality and is not just a shorty for appearance sake. The hugger is truly functional, extending way down to the lower fairing area to really keep debris out of the suspension linkage area.

·
Registered
367 Posts
what rear brake resevoir setup are you using? it looks awesome. I really really like what you did with the front fender, subtle but still pronounced. very well done! i'm loving the magical racing stuff too: you should look into their double bubble (its pure sexx)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what rear brake resevoir setup are you using? it looks awesome. I really really like what you did with the front fender, subtle but still pronounced. very well done! i'm loving the magical racing stuff too: you should look into their double bubble (its pure sexx)

I like the Magical Racing Carbon double bubble and would recommend that to anyone too, as I have their similar offering my ZX-12R. Excellent quality they produce. Here's a picture of it with the plain weave and "supercoat", if you are interested in that style for your 10R.

BTW the Rizoma reservoir mounting required a little strap tweaking and the stock hose was just a tad too short but okay. The SS hose w/red ends was just a way to get a cleaner look.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've been doing a little bit of research on a hugger for a 2nd gen. I'm digging the GCC but the price is absurd. Is anyone else making something similar for a reasonable amount of money?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I have carbon :)

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
I like the Magical Racing Carbon double bubble and would recommend that to anyone too, as I have their similar offering my ZX-12R. Excellent quality they produce. Here's a picture of it with the plain weave and "supercoat", if you are interested in that style for your 10R.

BTW the Rizoma reservoir mounting required a little strap tweaking and the stock hose was just a tad too short but okay. The SS hose w/red ends was just a way to get a cleaner look.
I have a MR screen and your right on the Magical Racing Carbon double bubble, it is truly a work of art and really cleans up the "shovel head" look of the gen2

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've been doing a little bit of research on a hugger for a 2nd gen. I'm digging the GCC but the price is absurd. Is anyone else making something similar for a reasonable amount of money?
Im in the process of getting these manufactured. They will be made in Texas and have the UV inhibited resin to keep the carbon from fading. Quality part and I'm hoping to come in at just under $200. Not sure if I want to do the one with the chain guard???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts