Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ended up getting a black 08 g6 love the look and is rated to get 22MPG city/30 highway..it was brand new 2 miles on the clock now im curious im sure alot of people ave these i got the v4 for gas and cldnt beat the deal they gave me on it but its only showing an average of 15.3 MPG on the info box. im curious as ive never bought a new car, w/ it being new is the MPG gunnna be a lil low till break in or anything like that? or is it really htat low and they jack up the number that much on the sticker..?:headshake

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Most the time the gas mileage readouts are averages and since the car hasn't been driven it is going to be low. Also gas mileage does have a tendency to improve after you get some miles on a car.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i ended up getting a black 08 g6 love the look and is rated to get 22MPG city/30 highway..it was brand new 2 miles on the clock now im curious im sure alot of people ave these i got the v4 for gas and cldnt beat the deal they gave me on it but its only showing an average of 15.3 MPG on the info box. im curious as ive never bought a new car, w/ it being new is the MPG gunnna be a lil low till break in or anything like that? or is it really htat low and they jack up the number that much on the sticker..?:headshake
the info box calculates mpg even if your at a stop light/stuck in traffic... so it would give you a lower mpg... but if you would take a road trip it make be accurate...

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
it will get a bit better as the motor breaks in. there is generally a 3000 mile break in on a motor. i know with my tacoma which i bought new it got a lot more powerful feeling around the 5000 mile mark, and the gas mileage was getting better all the time until abut that 5k mark. keep in mind that 15 is the average, which is gonna be terrible until you get on the freeway even a little. i know with the lexus i had, when i filled up and started drving it would say like 12 until i cruised for a few then itd go way up.

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont worry bout it bud it'll come up a nit the epa rating syatem they use to get the numbers on the msrp sticker just got updated to be more realistic and if you drive sensibly it is pretty accuratee in most cases
yeah thats good to hear one of the reasons i got it was for the gas and i can see 20/19 city and surely they cant jump it up 5/6/7 mpg on the sticker! and i drive very sensible dont accelerate hard off lights so :dontknow:

·
Registered
439 Posts
the info box calculates mpg even if your at a stop light/stuck in traffic... so it would give you a lower mpg... but if you would take a road trip it make be accurate...
:+1:
try going downhill and letting off the gas, that will boost your mpg... but dont look at it when your going up that hill:badteeth:

congrats on the new car by the way... they are pretty slick looking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts