Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I looked and read for quit some time but haven't quite found what I need so please be kind if I overlooked something obvious.

Been a canyon rider for over 20 years. Dragged a street car legally and illegally but never a bike once. I'm going with my buddy who has a stock 2010 zx14 nov.1. We're making tethers to tie into the side stand switch this weekend. Being I may never go again, I have a few questions. I have 2005 zx10 with muzzy slip on, 520 chain +2 rear and steering damper (set for canyon).

1. Can I strap the front without lowering the rear?
2. If so, will it benefit anything just doing front?
3. For the 3-5 runs I may get... Can I just strap one side or do you HAVE to strap both? I mean just buy one strap for left fork leg.
4. Is there any cheap/free/basic things I should do? TRE or anything?

Thanks!!
Andy

·
Registered
636 Posts
1. Yes you can strap the front without lowering the rear
2. Strapping will help keep the front end down some, but not completely
3.There is not a strap for each side. Its one strap that runs from one caliper up over the frame to the other caliper. So no can't just do a single side
4. I don't have gen1 so I dunno what the free mods are for it. Use the search feature for that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes more sense about the strap going to both sides... No info or pics I found showed that.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
That makes more sense about the strap going to both sides... No info or pics I found showed that.
there are ton of Pics and Information on this site for 1st Gen Drag racing you just need to search many years back even the Archives on this site no need to go to other forums all the fastest guys Stock Wheel base are here or have put the information what you need to know on THIS SITE. :wink:

With that said after your search you going to learn WHAT to DO but AFTER that the REAL Modification is going to BE SEAT TIME and practice. The 1st Gen ZX10R is the HARDEST BIKE SWB to LAUNCH because it is only 54in long with A TON OF POWER.....When you can master that Bike the rest are a piece of CAKE.....Good Luck as some already said it can be ADDICTING. but it a Good Way. :wink::mrgreen::thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

Bloo

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.... Done for the day. I figured magazine guys have run 9.7 in the reviews I have read, but I weigh 264lbs fully suited... My best guess was 10.7 @ 140. My bike has 40,000 miles on it and with my weight I think I did ok. What is everyone's thoughts?

Muzzy slip on, BMC air filter, +2 rear sprocket and 180/55 rear tire. It was cold and rainy....

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts