1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
874 Posts
I really like where Android is going. I'm a big follower of the smartphone world and once I'm up for a new phone I am def going to an android based unit (currently running Windows Mobile). Android is fast, more and more popular, and it is very customizable especially with the ability to flash custom ROMs to your liking.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What WinMo do you have? I went from that to Android and it si a huge upgrade. Android offers pretty much any and all of the IphoneOS slickness, but it still has the upgradability/customizations of WinCE based WinMo.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have to agree, Android is blowing up. I bought the HD2 which runs on Windows 6.5 and man do i regret it. Dont get me wrong the phone is awesome looking. From the size of the screen to the quality of pics and video but i really want Android back. Cant wait for the developers to crack the HD2 and create and Android Rom for it....they say by October. Winmo is just too laggy in my opinion.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WinMo is too clunky to me. The menus are cryptic compared to IphoneOS or Android. Iphone is just too much of a jail cell for my liking but Android is just right. It has all the customizations you might want but even right out of the box it is so fluid and easy to use.

The iphone is going to loose it's over-hype soon. Look at the market share that Android has garnered in such a short time frame. It's a freight train!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)#Market_share

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I've had WinMo since the HTC 8525...boy is it a blessing to get an android phone. I'm also waiting for froyo 2.2...it can't come soon enough.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Will this be available in an OTA update or will they just release it as a ROM? Im still SholesMod (Droidmod) 2.1 because im too lazy to keep up with all the constant new roms and updates.

·
Registered
541 Posts
BX10R, why not just get one of the HTC incredibles or Evos instead of having to port onto the HD2?
Not offered by Tmobile yet and when i bought this phone i renewed my contract. Not eligible for any new phone til next March. Sucks...and
dont feel like paying to get out the contract(250.00) and resign with someone else. Besides all the other carriers have expensive plans.

·
Registered
874 Posts
What WinMo do you have? I went from that to Android and it si a huge upgrade. Android offers pretty much any and all of the IphoneOS slickness, but it still has the upgradability/customizations of WinCE based WinMo.
I'm running a HTC Touch Pro 2 by verizon. i like the phone, but its a little bulky and its definitely laggy. but having the ability to flash custom RoMs and custimaze almost everuthing is nice.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
@ bx10-

Ok. The HTC evo and incredible both have 1ghz snapdragons. A bunch of others have it too like the nexus LG etc. It's fast. Much faster overall than the ti omap in the Motorola Droid and whatnot. Clock for clock however its slower which is why the new Droid x (faster clocked omap) will probably de throne the snap.

The new tegra2 is coming out which is going to be incredible since it is dual core, 1080p capable. Qualcomm is also upgrading the snapdragon with 45nm process and thinking of dual core @ 1.5ghz. It's all supposed to happen at the end of this year.

Combine a tegra2 or dc snap dragon with Android 3. It's going to be awesome!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm running a HTC Touch Pro 2 by verizon. i like the phone, but its a little bulky and its definitely laggy. but having the ability to flash custom RoMs and custimaze almost everuthing is nice.
Winmo is definitely cool with the amount of custom stuff you can do but you can do that with Android too. I think the hero/eris both have alot of custom roms out. what version of Winmo do you have? I think the last one i had was 6.

I'd love to root my incredible and get rid of some of the apps I don't want like twitter, footprints, etc. free up some space and clean a little clutter out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Winmo is definitely cool with the amount of custom stuff you can do but you can do that with Android too. I think the hero/eris both have alot of custom roms out. what version of Winmo do you have? I think the last one i had was 6.

I'd love to root my incredible and get rid of some of the apps I don't want like twitter, footprints, etc. free up some space and clean a little clutter out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

1 - 18 of 18 Posts