Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the lightning performance frame sliders with the adapter that bolts into the top/rear engine mount.

The engine mount bolt is a 14mm and loosened up 1 or 2 turns fine, but after that it's turning REALLY HARD. Should I keep cranking on it? I don't want to break anything but feels like I will.

I've broken so many damn bolts in my life...trying to not break any on my zx10.

I tried retightening it and it won't tighen all the way now...giving me the same issues as when I was trying to take it off.

I feel like I need to lift up on the engine or something to remove some pressure.

Anyone had this issue?

Thanks!
-Peter :badteeth:

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
It should come out without too much effort... Try spraying some liquid wrench on it.

Edit: Actually, if you feel that there is weight on that bolt, then putting support under the engine sure wouldn't hurt. There are two long bolts on which the engine hangs in the frame, so there is no risk that after removing the one you're talking about the engine will fall down or anything.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys....you are awesome. I will try putting light pressure under the engine with a trolley jack and a 2x4 or something.

Will update after in case anyone else ever runs into this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: Lubed it up nice, put some light pressure under the motor and turned.

The damn engine mount bolt broke off inside the bike. All I got in my hands now is the first inch or so. It broke off right where the threads begin...about 2 threads in. The entire threaded end is still in the bike.

I'm going to bring it to a local shop, hopefully they can drill it out. For how much...who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts