Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neurologist sent me to a local medical school for further tests on my MS status as my MRI showed more brain damage. They conducted a battery of physical test that surprised the hell out of me! I can't, for the life of me, walk the "heel to toe" test. Fall to the right like a rock! Then, the test where I touch my nose, touch the docks hand (wherever he puts it) then touch my nose......screwed up every time. I have been having trouble knee dragging to the right.....have no "spacial concept" as to where my knee is. Hope it don't screw up on my left side! I did drop one of my bikes a couple of weeks ago. I was stopped in my driveway, and for some damn reason, just dropped it over to the right. I guess the key is to keep moving and make left hand turns!:lol:

Never know what life is going to throw at you!:headshake

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
crazy stuff man, I dont know your story but i hope everything works out

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have a friend with ms and he cant stant and close his eyes for more than a second without falling, shit sucks hope they figure out how to treat it better or just cure it alltohether soon.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the "well wishes", I appreciate it. You just don't appreciate your health 'till it starts going to hell. The doctors wanted me to start a new med (2 meds have already screwed me up....caused my heart disease) I told 'em my best medicine/therapy has two wheels :thumbsup:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,036 Posts
I REALLY,REALLY hate it for you R1. Youve got a great attitude and that goes a long way. i hope the saw bones can stop the MS advancement.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
sorry to hear that man, I've never felt comfortable turning right myself and had problems with sobriety tests as well, just learned to deal with it the best I can.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Hope you get better R1, your spirit is healthy if your body is not. Love your fight and determination man, keep it up! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dammit man that sucks!! I think they're about to diagnose my mom with MS also... scary deal. Keep fighting bro! it will all get better!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again for all your support. For anyone that has a friend or loved one (kwilliams14) with MS...your support is greatly needed. People with MS may look great, but that belies the turmoil in the brain. Depression can be severe and profound...after all, your brain is "eating itself". You look great, but feel like hell warmed over. Some days are better than others. The first two meds I took gave me heart disease and damn near killed me. Now, they want me to try another (daily injections!) Funk Dat! Think I'll try going alone for a while. Each case is different, so, kwilliams14, your mother may do fine on one of the 6 drugs or so out there...I'll pray for both you and her.

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
Wassup R1, hang in there man. You've got a great attitude and understanding about life. I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted on the situation. Hearing these things humbles me and reminds me not to take the minute things for granted. Stay STRONG! :helmet:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Damn R1, sorry to hear this is happening now too! There is a reason its called a "practice" because no two people are the same! The symptoms might be identical but each body reacts differently to meds, some absorb meds differently at different rates and others reject them! Liner in your case, those first two meds probably caused your arteries to spasm causing your heart attack! I see it all the time, it sucks!
You know u can always call me whenever you have any questions, ill answer them to the best of my ability, and ill call a neurologist friend of mine with any questions that i can't answer!
Talk to u later!
Mike

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn R1, sorry to hear this is happening now too! There is a reason its called a "practice" because no two people are the same! The symptoms might be identical but each body reacts differently to meds, some absorb meds differently at different rates and others reject them! Liner in your case, those first two meds probably caused your arteries to spasm causing your heart attack! I see it all the time, it sucks!
You know u can always call me whenever you have any questions, ill answer them to the best of my ability, and ill call a neurologist friend of mine with any questions that i can't answer!
Talk to u later!
Mike

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks a lot my Man, I appreciate it. How are YOU doing after your "get off"? Recovering O.K.?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts