Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the stock damper bracket off (the bracket that mounts under the steering....there are two bolts, I don't want to strip the nuts....any advice the are super tight!

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
I would loosen and remove the top triple and set it on a bench so you can get to it better.

Tread

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Huh...I got those two loose without a problem...it's the one that attaches to the end of the rod that I stripped out.:headshake

Granted I had the upper cowling off when I took those two bolts off but I think something else needed to come off to get that off so I said fuck it...I'll just have to carefully drill that bolt out when I get a new one from Ron Ayers...or say fuck it and leave the factory fluid in the damper...

I know it can be a PITA but if you have the right allen bit I used a socket to do it and had no problem. You'll get her, just go slow and be careful!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I replaced mine with stainless allen bolts from Mclendon's hadrware. Worth every cent..replace them if you get them off ;)

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I replaced mine with stainless allen bolts from Mclendon's hadrware. Worth every cent..replace them if you get them off ;)

Sounds much more painless...those security bits suck...hence why it's stripped out...

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I..

I did use a socket with the allen still very tight!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do..

you have to take the triple...thing off, I tried again and oh well I'm leaving it on there

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay....I got the 2 bolts off and the bracket is still mounted to something? I suck.....anyone have advice?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts