Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. .after I took out the triple from the forks, I can't take out the damn ignition from the triple!!!!!! help!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Drill out the head of the screws that hold the ignition and let it come out. Then take a vise grip and take the rest of the screw off. It worked for me that way.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh.. that does not sound normal.. drill is required?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The best way to remove the security bolts holding the ignition is to drill the heads of the bolts. Yes you do have to drill. Once the heads are off you can remove the switch and then finish by removing the remaining studs with a pair of vice grips or pliers. Very simple.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
i dont know about kawasaki but on my friends suzuki sv650 we bought the star drives with the indention for the lil pin the center a mom n pop bike shop had them

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Drill it out then reassemble with normal bolt and nut and some loctite..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good info guys I'm in the process of changing my ignition switch due to my bike being stolen. Well i'm having the same issue removing the switch from the triple clamp to install the new triple clamp and switch.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ok... The "security bolts' on the ignition are designed so that the head of the bolt breaks off when it is tightened down. This prevents people from stealing your bike by simply unbolting and swapping the ignition out.

The way to get them off is to drill the heads out.

The ONLY acceptable way to reinstall your ignition is to buy new security bolts from the dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts