Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

The DMV lost my new registration tags, and as I am filling out the form, it asks for an engine model number.

I didn't even know they needed this! However, I searched google and my bike, and can not find the engine number for my 06 zx10r.

Could you guys tell me the location of the number? Do I need to remove any fairings to see it?:grin2:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,715 Posts
It's usually stamped on the back side of cylinder bank near the #1 cylinder. Or it's near the starter motor location. There will be a flat area with the numbers stamped into it. If we knew what year you had, we'd be able to be more specific.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's usually stamped on the back side of cylinder bank near the #1 cylinder. Or it's near the starter motor location. There will be a flat area with the numbers stamped into it. If we knew what year you had, we'd be able to be more specific.
I have a 2006 zx10r.

Are they stamped on a plate, or directly on the block?
Where is the starter motor located? I couldn't see anything when I was looking through the fairings.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,715 Posts
I have a 2006 zx10r.

Are they stamped on a plate, or directly on the block?
Where is the starter motor located? I couldn't see anything when I was looking through the fairings.
On the Gen 2, it's stamped directly to the engine case on the rear of the motor. Look at the back of the motor in front of the rear shock, on the left side.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the Gen 2, it's stamped directly to the engine case on the rear of the motor. Look at the back of the motor in front of the rear shock, on the left side.
okay, I will take a look later today to see if I can find it. I swore I looked and didnt see anything.

Do I need to remove any fairings?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,715 Posts
okay, I will take a look later today to see if I can find it. I swore I looked and didnt see anything.

Do I need to remove any fairings?
No bodywork, but you may have to remove the chain guard to see if easier. And because it's on the back, near the chain, it may be obstructed from being too dirty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts