Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone! new to the site, but been reading a ton of information on here to hammer out my decision on a new ride. needless to say, a 10R it is. havent bought one yet, but i will be in the next few weeks. I cant decide on a first or second gen. I like the first gen for being the beastly monster that it is, but i just love the look of the 2nd. What do you all think? which do you prefer? this bike is going to be my only one for a while, so the more mods i can do the better. also any suggestions, recommendations?

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Whats up everyone! new to the site, but been reading a ton of information on here to hammer out my decision on a new ride. needless to say, a 10R it is. havent bought one yet, but i will be in the next few weeks. I cant decide on a first or second gen. I like the first gen for being the beastly monster that it is, but i just love the look of the 2nd. What do you all think? which do you prefer? this bike is going to be my only one for a while, so the more mods i can do the better. also any suggestions, recommendations?
First :hello: and :welcome:

Second :bitchslap: for asking the gen1 vs gen2 question. I imagine you wont be disappointed with either and a few have put gen2 plastic on gen1s so you can always change the look. Honestly if you like teh looks of the second gen though I'd get one of them.

Mods depend on what you want to do with it. If your a corner carver you might like a cbr or zx6/zx14 caliber upgrade with SS lines adn a new MC along with some suspension work. If you just like going fast a 1/5th throttle and gearing change are probably the best bang for the buck. Then you have exhaust, PC3, IM, etc Search through the site there is plenty of information about the different mods.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
The 1st gen owners will say 1st, the 2nd gen owner will say say the 2nd. Which ever you pick, you'll be happy with it. I know the 1st is a beast of a motor, but the 2nd gen isn't no slouch either! You can get a 1st gen for slightly cheaper than a 2nd gen (in most cases) so if you're worried about money for modding, go for the 1st gen. If not, pick which ever one you like better visually cause unless you're out drag racing or taking it to the track, it's not going to be a dramatic difference.

BTW, I'll have both gen 1 and gen 2 for sale shortly. Where are you located?

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
Welcome aboard..Good choice on the 10 ;)..

I have a second gen and couldnt be happier with it.. My must do MODS were GEARING (-1 front, +2 rear), TRE, and tiresss..

The brakes on the 2nd gen are horrendous.. Whichever gen you go with, you will be happy, for sure.

BTW, is this your first bike?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I personally have a first generation ride and still love it to this day. I was tempted by a second generation when it first came out, but never strayed.

My advice, is if you can take both for a ride to feel them out judge by what feels good to you. We can tell you all day what we like, but honestly, you are the deciding factor.

The only input I can add to all of this is as follows:

Just make sure you get the fastest colour of whichever ride you decide to get (Green!)

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and you'll be happy with whichever gen you end up getting i'm sure man...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
289 Posts
1st or 3rd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Solid advice guys. not my first bike. had a 250. ran it till the engine blew on the expressway. and had an R6. love the kawi's though. especially the positive neutral finder. that is gold. why doesnt every bike have that? im leaning more towards the 2nd gen.
I havent yet done a track day yet, but that was my plan when i get this one. In chicago by the way. good thing is, my wife is very supportive. i know a lot of people who get a lot of gripes from the other half, but not mine. she actually wants a 14. and she is 5 feet, and 110lbs!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
2nd gen, newer, higher resale value, looks better, analog tach, smoother power delivery

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
First would like to say :welcome: to the site..... and man did you open a can of worms!:lol:

2nd gen all the way!!!!

now lets sit back and see how this goes:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Ideally 1st gen or 3rd if u have that option. I knew a member on here that rode a gen2 like a beast. Though he is a bit crazy rode wot on all high ways.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts