Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in the parking lot with a couple of buddys of mine when one guy asked if i could beat a 600. i told him more than likely i could...he called his friend (who was an idiot) and got him there. the guy looked my bike over and asked what all i had done and i told him a slip on pipe and extensions. i had a strap on the front and he laughed and asked was that my lowering kit. this guy had a bone stock gsxr 600. now my 10 isnt the fasted, but i have gotten a 9.4 out of it. plus my bike had a full exhaust with many other mods. i was acting like this was my first bike and i havent got used to it....we finallly settled on a price and off we went............we lined up,,, before the flagger dropped his hands, the little 600 tore out. i caught him within 60 ft and just watched him get smaller and smaller.................won 10 bucks...lol..............just thought id share this with you guys and let you know that there are still some dumb asses out there..........

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
They can be quick off the line, but after that you've got the 1000!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I took the zx10r off the back of mine, keeping getting those pesky buggers runnin' up on me. I give the throttle a quick goose and they go away. LOL

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
can't believe ya bothered for $10, hell atleast get enough just incase ya get a ticket to the po po's ball.

BD

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
Someone with a 600 had the audacity to race a 1000? and a ZX-10R at that?
wow that's kinda cool.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I think my alternator has more output than a GSXR600

That was an easy tenner even for an old boy !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I love these squids that are new to bikes. They think they are the fasteset thing on the road. I'm glad you took his $$.

People always ask me what my bike is. I tell them its the zx6rr. Its the really fast, race ready 600. I'm actually going to put zx6rr stickers on the tail. If you don't know what the bike is and you have to ask, then you don't need to know what the bike is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My ZX-10 stickers disappered also! :mrgreen:

No substitue for cubic centimeters!! :crackup:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Just run no sticker. if'n they don't know, fug em. But do get more than $10 for your troubles.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
MiamiDave said:
My ZX-10 stickers disappered also! :mrgreen:

No substitue for cubic centimeters!! :crackup:
...a few years ago one of the dragracers around here had a lowered and stretched '01 gixxer1000 that he put 600 stickers on. Most guys knew better, but there were a few guys that told him "that things fast for a 600". :badteeth:

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
does the sticker come off easy?what could i put on there to not mess up my paint? yeah i know 10 bucks was pretty pathetic. i tried for 20 but he wouldnt go for 20.....my friend said before long that guy will get drunk and get to thinking about it. then he wil call and want to run for a lot more..........i dont know though....that 600 was fast:crackup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yea the grafix remove quite easily with a lill heat (hair dryer) and Goo Gone to remove the residue and your done.

BD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts