Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I just put in a DP brand clutch in my '05. Followed the instructions in the service manual, everything lined up great. I can't seem to adjust it out to give it enough slack. It's adjusted as far as it will go and with the clutch lever pulled in when I put it in gear it still trys to pull forward. Any ideas or pointers? Help would be awesome, thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what someone was telling me about at work today. He said to look into getting some thinner steel plates. Am I heading down the right path with this? And got a good place to look for 'em?:helmet:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Are you adjusting at the lever or down by the clutch cover? The lever adjuster is just for fine tuning, you start with the clutch cover then when you get it close use the lever adjuster

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my first clutch change on this bike. The first time I changed one was on a '09 gsxr 750 and it went flawlessly. And yea, i adjust it at the clutch cover first, you know, pull the cable forward till its tight and tighten the adjusting nuts, then try to fine tune it up at the clutch lever. My problem is that i've got no more room on the adjustment at either end now. The only thing I could come up with is that maybe since the new friction plates aren't worn like the old ones that they're gonna be a little thicker but still, aside from slipping under hard acceleration my old clutch worked right and still had room for adjustment. I've taken the cover off and checked to make sure I have everything lined up right, double checked myself, everything. I had to step back for a minute cuz this is getting frustrating. Any help is good help at this point. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright so I am with you guys on the stack height. So whats next? I'm learning all this as I go and trying to learn as much as possible. \

·
Banned
262 Posts
Alright so I am with you guys on the stack height. So whats next? I'm learning all this as I go and trying to learn as much as possible.
Maybe,......aftermarket friction plates thicker than stock friction plates thus overall stack height is larger like others have stated. You then need thinner steel plates to compensate. I have been down this road many times with my old school ZX7RR. I find it best to just use Kawasaki stuff.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Maybe,......aftermarket friction plates thicker than stock friction plates thus overall stack height is larger like others have stated. You then need thinner steel plates to compensate. I have been down this road many times with my old school XXL. I find it best to just use Kawasaki stuff.
+1 to that I just changed my friends clutch for him in his zx14 had the same problem. Told him to order oem he insisted on aftermarket ran into this same problem. he then got pist order OEM and work just fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts