1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
whats exif?

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
It's a great lens. Just warn him not to bump the barrel on things when carrying it> The little bearings that help control the push/pull zoom are easily damaged. I know 3 or 4 people who had the problem. Excellent lens otherwise.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
That's the lens I most regret selling. I will own another one of those some day. Wish I'd had the 350D and a 100-400 at the Barber race.

The 70-200 2.8L IS was the sharpest, "cleanest" shooting lens I've ever owned, but the 100-400 was on it's heels in those aspects and much more versatile. I shot Zoo Atlanta one day with those two lenses on a 1D and got some awesome shots. Had a blast, too. I decided that day though that I'd only take the 100-400 if I ever went back to shoot the zoo. I was worn slap out carrying the 1D and a bag with whichecer of the three following lenses wasn't on the camera at the time: EF 28-70 2.8L, EF 70-200 2.8L IS, and 100-400L IS... plus two EX550 flashes and all kinds of other photo related crap... When it was all said and done I could do anything I done that day with all that equipment with only the 1D and 100-400.

With the even better high ISO noise performance of the 350D/20D the 2.8 aperture of the 70-200 wouldn't really be that big of an asset in most of my shooting circumstances. :wink:

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
I would either take a baby stroller or rent one at the zoo and put my backpack full of gear in the stroller and work that way. When the 600 got too heavy or I wanted to shoot w/ a different lens I could put the big boy in the stroller.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Handheld at 1/45th I presume?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
valskater said:
I would either take a baby stroller or rent one at the zoo and put my backpack full of gear in the stroller and work that way. When the 600 got too heavy or I wanted to shoot w/ a different lens I could put the big boy in the stroller.
I thought about that. If I shot things like that very often I'd defintely round up some sort of rolling gear carrier. My shoulders killed me for about three days after lugging that bag and all that stuff around all day.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
valskater said:
1/15th.

I found the stroller was the right height and kept my gear somewhat protected.
Got a bigger version? Looks like a great pic but hard to tell much about it that small. And yeah, I can see a stroller being just about perfect (and a LOT cheaper than something that might be "designed specifically for a photographer". :mrgreen:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
valskater said:
:mrgreen:
thats still way small, IMO....

I llike min of 600x800...:dontknow:

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Hey BChild,
Sorry about jacking your thread dude.