Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I don't understand why the ZX10R dominates here in the Canadian championship and can't do crap anywhere else. Went to Mosport this past weekend for round 4 and 5 and Jordan Szoke won again that's 5 for 5 this season and he also won on the 600 where he's won all but 1 race and that was because of mechanical problems.

Attachments

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Some rider is just better then other. I like to see him move to GP or AMA and kick some a$$. No matter the class, 1st. is 1st. Congrats.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sweet pics, thanks for posting. Szoke is king in cdn racing no question. He has tried AMA with little success... maybe b/c he has a hard time making it to the US!

It looks like Kawi makes more effort in Cdn racing compared to any other manufacturer. They get parts from headquarters racing div in japan so they are well supported. Needless to say, the competition is much tougher in the US.

Oh and the track conditions and maintanance leaves alot to be desired so anyone coming from the US to race in Can doesn't do too well.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Tito said:
Sweet pics, thanks for posting. Szoke is king in cdn racing no question. He has tried AMA with little success... maybe b/c he has a hard time making it to the US!

It looks like Kawi makes more effort in Cdn racing compared to any other manufacturer. They get parts from headquarters racing div in japan so they are well supported. Needless to say, the competition is much tougher in the US.

Oh and the track conditions and maintanance leaves alot to be desired so anyone coming from the US to race in Can doesn't do too well.

I'm not sure but aren't the bikes they take to the US horsepower limited like they use here in Canada for the series?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Tito said:

:+1:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I believe Suzuki has the most money poured into Superbike and privateer racing than any other team... hence more wins, not too mention they do have great riders... Remember though, Kawi dominated AMA for a long long time...

kawi has always done well in Canada.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Canadian Super bike is nothing like ama or wsbk. They have some pretty strict 183 hp limits. Pretty much the class is simalar to our superstock. Tom kipp was a great rider in the ama and still some comes down to a few races beofre the canadian series, but the canadian bikes are no where near as powerful as ama or wsbk or british sbk. It helps having a rider like Szoke as well

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
The fourth photo in the series on the first page was corner 2 looking back from corner 3 ... I watched the race from the top of the hill before corner 2; the spectator area is just out of the shot.

Our Superbike and 600 classes are both horsepower and weight limited classes, and that's in addition to mandatory requirements for a lot of the bike to remain stock (including the wheels). It's not just in horsepower that the bikes are unlike AMA Superbikes; the bikes are nowhere near as tricked out, in all areas (to control cost). Canadians who go to the States usually still use their Canadian bikes, which is a limiting factor.

As for Kawasaki's dominance ... I think that Kawasaki saw things that were happening to other teams, and saw a new bike coming, and grabbed the opportunity. Honda stopped supporting the Canadian series - there was only one Honda in the field - the "mostly stock" bike requirement puts them at the biggest disadvantage, in my opinion. The Diablo Racing team self-destructed over the winter. All of this left Steve Crevier out of a ride, and Jordan Szoke became available due to his passport transgressions (he is banned from entering the USA for five years starting a year or two ago). Kawasaki dominated Canadian Superbike racing through the 1990's, but then suffered from outdated bikes. They made an attempt with the 2004 ZX10R, but that bike was too hard to set up, and they lost a good rider (Francis Martin) who ended up winning the Superbike championship for the last couple of years.

Yamaha have Pascal Picotte, and he had a good showing, but it was very obvious that his clutch grenaded in the final morning practice on Sunday.

Good bike as a starting point + fantastic rider + well funded (by Canadian standards) team has added up to an impressive record so far.

But ... Most impressive ride for the weekend has to be 14 year old Brett McCormick in the Amateur 600 class. Fastest and smoothest rider in that class by a long shot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts