·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And Jordan Szoke won the championship riding a ZX10R:thumbsup:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Seems no one can run with Jordan, he has dominated the CSBK's for a while now.
We (USA) have virtually no coverage of the CSBK, enlighten everyone to what spec of bike the CSBK's are. Are they a full blown SBK like WSBK with all the trick parts or are they more of a SSK spec with mostly stock parts, 17" standard wheels and brakes and suspension.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We (USA) have virtually no coverage of the CSBK, enlighten everyone to what spec of bike the CSBK's are. Are they a full blown SBK like WSBK with all the trick parts or are they more of a SSK spec with mostly stock parts, 17" standard wheels and brakes and suspension.
http://www.cdnsuperbike.com/

I was walking through the pits today checking out all the bike while they were naked under the tents, and I spoke with one of the Kawi guys... the bikes are shockingly full of stock parts :eyecrazy:
I couldnt believe it. They are all running stock frames/swing arms, even forks etc..
I dont know about the engine internals, but the engine itself looks like what I have in my Garage, even down to the Akrapovic Evo system.... looked EXACTLY like mine. I was excited about this to be honest, because I saw 2 Kawi's blow past an 09 R1 on the back straight right after the start, to take the lead. I dont know how people can knock the ZX10R saying they cant handle... they were awesome today. And it was exciting just knowing that these were "real" bikes like ours. Sure they are tuned.... but they are not high dollar factory one-off's that you couldnt buy. We can build these race bikes ourselves.

Kawi won the 1000cc championship AND the 600cc Championship:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Jordan's Ex-team mate Brett McCormick is 17 years old and hella fast! During Super Pole he beat Jordan's two year old track record by a full second.

This year Jordan won the Superbike championship by only a few points. McCormick won the last race and Jordan finished 2nd. If Jordan had finished 3rd or worse Brett would have won the #1 plate. This year was pretty close, next year will probably be closer!

Re: The bikes.

They arent nearly as built as AMA or WSB Superbikes. They have to run stock fork externals, stock swingarms and frames and are limited to 185hp. However, the national dyno reads about 10hp low and they're all cheating.

Canadian Motorcycle Racing isn't nearly as popular as AMA so the money just isn't there. I think the rules are put in place to help keep curb spending and keep the racing competitive unlike the AMA where Yoshimura Suzuki can funnel wheelbarrows full of money into their Superbikes. I like it because privateers can still do well, Matt McBride on a GSXR1000 sponsored by a local shop qualified 3rd in Pro Superbike.

I was walking through the pits today checking out all the bike while they were naked under the tents, and I spoke with one of the Kawi guys... the bikes are shockingly full of stock parts :eyecrazy:
I couldnt believe it. They are all running stock frames/swing arms, even forks etc..
I dont know about the engine internals, but the engine itself looks like what I have in my Garage, even down to the Akrapovic Evo system.... looked EXACTLY like mine. I was excited about this to be honest, because I saw 2 Kawi's blow past an 09 R1 on the back straight right after the start, to take the lead. I dont know how people can knock the ZX10R saying they cant handle... they were awesome today. And it was exciting just knowing that these were "real" bikes like ours. Sure they are tuned.... but they are not high dollar factory one-off's that you couldnt buy. We can build these race bikes ourselves.

Kawi wont the 1000cc championship AND the 600cc Championship:thumbsup:
I was there too wrenching for my friend. Not sure if you noticed the yellow R6 #332 in Women's Cup but that's who i was there with. My bike was there too in Row 1 if you noticed.. ahah.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Your street bike? In the parking lot? Or are you talking about Row 1 on the track/start?
I did the trackday on the Thursday before the Nationals. Row 1 would be the paddock lane closest to the entrance lane way. My bike was about halfway down, green with orange rims.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I did the trackday on the Thursday before the Nationals. Row 1 would be the paddock lane closest to the entrance lane way. My bike was about halfway down, green with orange rims.

Hmmm, Didnt notice it... I was parked in the same strip, but closer to the main entrance.

I saw 1 08 Green Kawi that was all stock with the stock muffler, 1 04 with green rims and then mine 08 with the Akra.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I was there, too. Now why would Jordan be doing this :)

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
p.s. Morefire, can you find yourself in my photo? looks like they were taken at almost the same time!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
p.s. Morefire, can you find yourself in my photo? looks like they were taken at almost the same time!
Absolutley!! Look on the front row above the red/pinkish tent, the dude with the white Thor T-shirt. Thats me!! And look to the left of me, the guy (buddy) with the camera, THAT was the pic I posted and yes..it was the exact same time... What are the chances:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool, what is the cost for doing track days there?

·
Registered
104 Posts
depends what day and what track.
the full track being most expensive at $150 or more.
fabi or nelson for $135 - $150
last time we were had fabi for 2.5 hours open track in the late afternoon for $100 for 10 riders.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Cool, what is the cost for doing track days there?

I do most of my trackdays with goloracing.com. If you sign up for multiple days early in the year they are less expensive.

Long or Pro track is $160 if you sign up one day at a time.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
check THIS silliness out ...

·
Registered
23,742 Posts

Kawi won the 1000cc championship AND the 600cc Championship:thumbsup:

I like to hear stories like this especially from guys that Buy on Monday based on Sunday for things they see on TV. :wink:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I have been looking into the real debate on the "superstock bikes" and from what your saying the CSBK is World Superstock..Interesting

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Jesus Christ what does that boy think hes racing NASCAR or something, next thing hes gonna be climbing the fence like Lorenzo, lol
Why Not?....I think that 10R has a better power to weight ratio than Nascar but only has 1 tire to burn out with a smaller tire but capable of some major smoke just needs more time and can go longer it seems with one tire as well. :thumbsup: ....for me about time someone in GREEN made some noise so wont knock it just enjoy it:wink:. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts