Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now occasionally we(I) make jokes about Canada being the little sister of America etc. but today on the TODAY SHOW on NBC They were showing Vancouver, BC and WOW! That city looks fuggin amazing!!! It's a clean version of new york city and london(i know london is clean) without the ghettos or fugged up roads WITH colorado/utah views of the mountains! I've never been interested in going to Canada at all, mainly because in the USA we have everything you all have, but Vancouver looks tops! I know some americans may post up I should move to Canada bla bla bla, but you know what...when I visit it and it's as awesome as it looks I might just try to move there. Jesus that place looked damn good! Stanley Park blows Central Park out the water! Everything about it looked sweet.
Well, I guess I just wanted to say Canada has gotten major points in my book. For the rest of you Canadians who live else where, you guys gotta get with the picture and move to B.C., well I guess Toronto and Montreal must be ok but for the rest in the middle. GET WITH IT! lol J.K.
Ooooohhhhh Ca Na Daaaaaaa :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
It, like Toronto, are two amazing cities. The Sea to Sky Highway (goes to Whistler) is an amazing ride up the coastline.
Vancouver is beautiful yet extremely expensive, should be on everyone's to visit list.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The Sea to Sky Highway (goes to Whistler) is an amazing ride up the coastline.
New road for 2010 ruined it a little, took out all the tight stuff at the start.....still fun tho.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Vancouver is a world class city in a province full of stunning scenery. Hang in there for the Olympics - it should be a good show.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Post some pix of this wonderful city!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I have never been to Canada, and heckle frequently, but i have a few canuks as friends and they swear by it and i do really want to go check it out.

Im gonna have to brush up on my French, gross:badteeth::crackup:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have never been to Canada, and heckle frequently, but i have a few canuks as friends and they swear by it and i do really want to go check it out.

Im gonna have to brush up on my French, gross:badteeth::crackup:
Thats Quebec.

Everywhere else is English.

And yes the majority of Candaians dont care for the french.

We have to have french on our street signs, cereal boxes etc etc etc...lame.

Even the French in France HATE the Canadian French (they dont even have a french word for "parking lot")

BC rocks.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Thats Quebec.

Everywhere else is English.

And yes the majority of Candaians dont care for the french.

We have to have french on our street signs, cereal boxes etc etc etc...lame.

Even the French in France HATE the Canadian French (they dont even have a french word for "parking lot")

BC rocks.
:crackup:

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I live in vancouver and I think its a shit hole. It has nice parts but overall it'ss crap. Granted I haven't travelled much but if this is top of the food change the world has shitty taste. We do have decide roads. I use Stanley park as a mini nurburgring sometimes when I can get away with it. And without the language laws the major port cities being vancouver and toronto would be even worse with immigrates shitting all over us. You cannot honestly come to Vancouver and figure out what a canadian is. And the comment about the french hating on the french-canadian are you kidding me? The only thing the french from france really don't like is quebec french as it never evolved as a language. Quebec french is less sophisticated, being that it is more original when they came over.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I live in vancouver and I think its a shit hole. It has nice parts but overall it'ss crap. Granted I haven't travelled much but if this is top of the food change the world has shitty taste. We do have decide roads. I use Stanley park as a mini nurburgring sometimes when I can get away with it. And without the language laws the major port cities being vancouver and toronto would be even worse with immigrates shitting all over us. You cannot honestly come to Vancouver and figure out what a canadian is. And the comment about the french hating on the french-canadian are you kidding me? The only thing the french from france really don't like is quebec french as it never evolved as a language. Quebec french is less sophisticated, being that it is more original when they came over.
Not all of us are this angry folks. lol

I get a chance to race just outside vancouver a couple times a year and I always hate watching all the nice roads go by from a truck seat. Great scenery, and great people in BC.

Just a thought on the OP first post. Would someone really flame you for wanting to visit another part of the world? I find that the more I travel, the more I appreciate what I have at home. It is a education of the soul and I think everyone should do more of it if they can.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't live in Vancouver now but I did for a while and I still live realtily close. I go over quite often for work and the occasional hockey game and I have traveled enough to see that Vancouver is a beautiful city. The people that are lucky enough to visit here will not be disapionted. The city is clean, the scenery is amazing. Vancouver has its issues like any other big city but the great far outways the bad.

The roads are twisty and the law enforcement sparse:cool: Its worth coming to check out if your not from the N. west coast. I'll give y'all a guided tour (yes even you french Canadians:badteeth:) I usually have an extra bike kickin around.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts