Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Can you work on your bike/s -without- beer?

• Yes

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Don't drink alcohol

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty simple question lulz. :badteeth:

Doesn't matter if it's a simple bolt on to a complete overhaul lulz.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
i never drink when I work on my bikes. Now the truck and car however... :drunk:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I'd much rather not drink when I work on stuff, just makes me (*myself*) careless and I may forget things that may be important. Not good. On that same bend though I have a few buddies that seem to work BETTER when they have a beer in their hands. I can't draw shit either when I'm drinking so it's not good for me to do even harder things.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Lulz. Here am I thinking beer is a staple. :p

I thought so too at first, but in actual practice it didn't work for me. If it works for you that's awesome, a few of my buddies would agree with you. :ayyy:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I will have a few but never more than a whole 18 pack. I guess it depends on how bad I want to ride when I am done...

·
Registered
60 Posts
For longer jobs I may have one during, and I almost always have one afterwards. I would also get careless if I had a few in me and the bike is something I don't want to be careless with.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Depends on what exactly I'm doing but there is nothing wrong with a few. Never gotten drunk while working on it and probably never will.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Depends if I want to ride it after!! I don't mind a few ICE COLD BEERS.. If I need to test ride he after the answer is ZERO.. Can barley keep the 10 tame sober.. Wouldn't want to chance it with drinks..

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm an idiot when I'm drunk...
If I wanted an idiot to work on my bike, I'd take it to the stealership!;)
When the job is done, and the test ride is over, it's party time, though.:)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I'm not much of drinker other than with friends for have one or two watching tv or a movie. I have the "anything flat is a table for parts syndrome" so drinking isn't doesn't help with my already adbundant lack of order.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts