Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know settings are different for each rider based on weight, riding skills and riding venue. I was just wondering if everyone could post what your settings are now and what your weight is and if it's for track or street. Also, please note if you have set your sag to determine appropraite preload.

Thanks.
Chris

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and I have an 05'. I did a search and read quite a bit about the 06's already.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
search some more, there are threads 10 pgs long on diff settings for diff weights and a how to and all kinds of stuff for the 04/05

·
Registered
535 Posts
I had my '06 adjusted by K&N Yamaha. The front settings are 7-7-7:

7 lines showing for preload
7 clicks out from full on the other two settings preload

I'm 6'2 and weigh in 240lbs

-Nick

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
tuzem said:
I had my '06 adjusted by K&N Yamaha. The front settings are 7-7-7:

7 lines showing for preload
7 clicks out from full on the other two settings preload

I'm 6'2 and weigh in 240lbs

-Nick
Me and you are about the same size. How do you like that your settings? Is it tight or loose?

·
Registered
535 Posts
zx10x2 said:
Me and you are about the same size. How do you like that your settings? Is it tight or loose?
Right on the money for me. I do agressive street riding and track days. It's superb! At first the front end settings gave me some push on the front but I got that fixed quick (too much psi in tire).

All I got to say is -> try it and find out what you think.

I also got my rear end tweaked. I noticed they added quite a lot of pre-load (the double ring nuts over the spring) I can measure that too if you want. Send me a pm with your email address.

-Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts