Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought another 10 this weekend. Gen1. The deal was way to good to pass by. Thought I wouldnt be bothered by all the chrome. Frame, swing arm, wheels, windscreen, pegs. Yes it's a lot. Which all can be changed and will be, though can I paint the frame? I didn't do a lot of research before buying, got it on a whim. trying to go complete flat black with this one.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Bought another 10 this weekend. Gen1. The deal was way to good to pass by. Thought I wouldnt be bothered by all the chrome. Frame, swing arm, wheels, windscreen, pegs. Yes it's a lot. Which all can be changed and will be, though can I paint the frame? I didn't do a lot of research before buying, got it on a whim. trying to go complete flat black with this one.
Yep, sand/primer/paint. But for most of the parts, you can probably sell the chrome stuff and buy stock black stuff and make money. But it is paintable, jus prep it by sanding and spraying primer.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Sand blasting may be a lot quicker.
I don't think he meant sand the chrome off, just to sand enough to give the primer something to bite on.:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Yep, sand/primer/paint. But for most of the parts, you can probably sell the chrome stuff and buy stock black stuff and make money. But it is paintable, jus prep it by sanding and spraying primer.
pretty much :+1: Just need to sand to break the shine on the parts you want, lay a good couple layers of primer and then a few layers of paint.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Sandblasting would be faster, Sandblasting won't remove chrome, unless u want it removed...
Either way there's alot of work & one will take much longer then the other

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess really what I'm also asking is can this be done with the engine still in it? Or does everything have to come off? I don't do a lot of customizing, most I've done is exhaust, grips, and changing tires lol. I just ride. Ill be posting a lot of chrome pieces here soon, wheels, swing arm, pegs, the top of the tree... Thanks for the info, any and all more ill keep taking

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't think you could do a good job with the engine still in. Yeah, you can paint it any way you like, but your paint won't go behind engine mounts, bolts, swingarm pivot, etc. with everything still on it. I guess it depends upon how good you want it to look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts