Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys I have a 2017 zx10r krt abs and really do not like the abs part of it is there anything out there that can disable the abs and keep the TC working thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
You can buy an ABS dongle from the race kit through your Kawi dealer for about 20 bucks. If it's like the '16 it will allow you to disable both front and rear but only permanently disable the rear. If you want to disable the front you have to do it every time you turn the bike on. Or you can buy non ABS braided lines and bypass the ABS module.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Can anyone quickly explain the pros/cons to disabling ABS? It's saved my ass once from low-siding when I hit some tar going into a turn so I'm leery of removing that feature entirely for at least the street.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought the dongle to disable the rear ABS. It plugs in on the right side of your bike under the passenger seat.
The front ABS is staying.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I have a gen 4 and just pull the fuses under the seat to disable it for the track. Don't know why that wouldn't work for you.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,748 Posts
I bought the dongle to disable the rear ABS. It plugs in on the right side of your bike under the passenger seat.
The front ABS is staying.
^^^^^^
I did the same.
The rear ABS is feels like the bike is not stopping at all.
The dongle allos you to either.

Leave ABS ON
Or
Off
Or
Rear wheels off.

For the track, Id turn it off... streets I only want the front on.

Reactions: BAKWHEELTANGO
1 - 8 of 8 Posts