Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering mods to my bike to make it work better as well as seeing what is new on the market that I like the look/feel of. I don't need more power but I do like the idea of TC generally (and ABS for safety whilst on the road).

If it is cost effective to retrofit TC to my 04 ZX-10R then I might go that way .. !

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I dont see it happening... Since TC is just now starting to be explored in these bike and they havent came close to perfecting it yet..

·
Registered
78 Posts
traction control lol if your that worried about it you dont belong on a bike let alone a 10r. how many years have top level racers ran with out it? how many years have me and other members ripped streets apart with out it. save your $ grow a sack and let traction control be the least of your worries. id be more concerned with other drivers and your surroundings. ride smart be safe get a damper and pay attention tc is useless at this point like othersd said its far and i mean far from perfected. i own a 04 and with proper suspension set up good tires and upgraded pads and ss lines its a very good bike more than capable of holding its own even against the 20010 models!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
traction control lol if your that worried about it you dont belong on a bike let alone a 10r. how many years have top level racers ran with out it? how many years have me and other members ripped streets apart with out it. save your $ grow a sack and let traction control be the least of your worries. id be more concerned with other drivers and your surroundings. ride smart be safe get a damper and pay attention tc is useless at this point like othersd said its far and i mean far from perfected. i own a 04 and with proper suspension set up good tires and upgraded pads and ss lines its a very good bike more than capable of holding its own even against the 20010 models!

I've had it from new and can ride it a bit I think! Reading of the newer bikes with these toys as part of the package gets me thinking so I am exploring options for mods as I can't really justify a new bilke this year!

i own a 04 and with proper suspension set up good tires and upgraded pads and ss lines its a very good bike more than capable of holding its own even against the 20010 models!
So, what's a proper suspension setup in your book then? I have an OK setup on stock parts that suits road and a few clicks away from a mostly decent trackday setup too but is gets a bit out of order when pushed hard. I have asked about upgrading the handling in another thread and will consider a suspension upgrade if it'll do the job ...

I have also fitted 2007 blade calipers (using the pads that came with it) and plan to upgrade the pads and put on SS lines next month ..

Also the latest Bike mag has some interesting reviews on the latest tyres which also has my attention - some nice rubber in there :mrgreen:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had it from new and can ride it a bit I think! Reading of the newer bikes with these toys as part of the package gets me thinking so I am exploring options for mods as I can't really justify a new bilke this year!

So, what's a proper suspension setup in your book then? I have an OK setup on stock parts that suits road and a few clicks away from a mostly decent trackday setup too but is gets a bit out of order when pushed hard. I have asked about upgrading the handling in another thread and will consider a suspension upgrade if it'll do the job ...

I have also fitted 2007 blade calipers (using the pads that came with it) and plan to upgrade the pads and put on SS lines next month ..

Also the latest Bike mag has some interesting reviews on the latest tyres which also has my attention - some nice rubber in there :mrgreen:
currently iam running michelin pilot power 2cts i love them excellent grip for me and my style of riding. i have tried all tires and these are the ones i feel most confident with. everyone prefers a diffrent tire, however this is mine. i kept my stock calipers and up graded the pads to ebc hh race pads and noticed a very good improvement! then i switched out stock brake lines for galfers ss lines and was amazed! and as far as my suspension it is fully tweeked i have it set up for a rider of my weight /height. heavier fork fluid up front i purchased front preload adjusters so i can change my fork preload on the fly! also have rebound setup for my liking. as far as the rear shock its been left alone. i do plan on upgrading it to a ohlins adjustable or maybe a penske or hyper pro. with a little time and effort these bikes can really dosome serious damage. when it comes to suspension work everyone is diffrent. what works for me will most likley not work for you and vise versa. im 6'0 200lbs and feel great on the bike and feels like its a 200,000 moto gp bike compared to stock set up really performs much better thank stock set up, if begtter handling is what you aiming at i would suggest the brakes which u have all ready add the ss lines you talked about and a steering damper is a must!!!!!!!!! then if your not familiar with it have your suspension tweaked to fit you. maybe upgrade your fork internals and go with a heavier or lighter fluid! it really depends what your goal here is?

·
Registered
101 Posts
call the guys at bazzaz tuning....i had and they told me that the bazzaz system with the tc can work in a zx10r 04-05

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
NOT trying to be a smarta$$ BUT i have all the traction control needed for my 04 in my right wrist............know the bike,it's and your own linits. but if you have deep enough pockets to go thru with it and find n install a proper traction control then go for it man!!!

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
Yes it can be fitted, but you are looking at a completely different bike at the end.
This will cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ due to custom designs and fabbing.

Just as the old saying goes, as long as you have tons of $$$$ you can do a lot of stuff.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Yes it can be fitted, but you are looking at a completely different bike at the end.
This will cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ due to custom designs and fabbing.

Just as the old saying goes, as long as you have tons of $$$$ you can do a lot of stuff.
:+1:

The way I see it if you are gonna spend that kind of money why not just get a bike with it already installed and perfected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i've rode an 05 10r with full motec, launch, traction, anti wheelie etc etc and loved it!
it was a full blown race bike at a circuit, i don't do roads, they're far too dangerous here in the uk!! :eyecrazy:
the traction gave alot of confidence as you could wind the right wrist back, let it slide and if the rear wheel went 6mph faster than the front, the ignition retarded to stop the slide but you could keep your throttle on! you can get the thought of highsiding the beast out of the way and just ride hard and confident.
fabulous bit of kit.
i'd have it on any bike on the track, but wouldn't see any benefit on a road bike as you never really push it that hard to warrant it.....or do you???
:mrgreen:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
:+1:

The way I see it if you are gonna spend that kind of money why not just get a bike with it already installed and perfected.
:+1: maybe the next generation will come equipped.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
I am considering mods to my bike to make it work better as well as seeing what is new on the market that I like the look/feel of. I don't need more power but I do like the idea of TC generally (and ABS for safety whilst on the road).

If it is cost effective to retrofit TC to my 04 ZX-10R then I might go that way .. !
:dontknow:

Traction Control .....! ! ! Ok . So Why would you want that ... For riding in the rain ? Traction control is Not going to keep your front end from washing out if you can not negate approach speed , entry point - exit point , lean angles and when to brake and when to roll on the throttle. Just ride straight and dont turn ..... I have never hydro planed in the rain but Im also not dumb enough to ride 70 - 89 MPH on the street in the rain... TRACK rain riding is alot safer ...Streetsa have road grime , loose oil and fuel that mix in rain and cause slick driving ... I take corners slow and at low RPMs in the rain..
:dontknow:
Im sorry i dont mean to flame you man but if you seriously think you can just get on a LITER bike and feel safe you're smokin crack.. Just ride the tank and consider paying a shop to set up your throttle from opening all the way ...ORRRRRR Set a rev limiter to like 4 K per gear ... She will not break looose that way ... While youre at it govern your top speed to 65 . That should cost around 6 shop hours and about 400 in parts !:dontknow:

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
i've rode an 05 10r with full motec, launch, traction, anti wheelie etc etc and loved it!
it was a full blown race bike at a circuit, i don't do roads, they're far too dangerous here in the uk!! :eyecrazy:
the traction gave alot of confidence as you could wind the right wrist back, let it slide and if the rear wheel went 6mph faster than the front, the ignition retarded to stop the slide but you could keep your throttle on! you can get the thought of highsiding the beast out of the way and just ride hard and confident.
fabulous bit of kit.
i'd have it on any bike on the track, but wouldn't see any benefit on a road bike as you never really push it that hard to warrant it.....or do you???
:mrgreen:
not where i live ! not a high side anyways , lowsides ..yeah .. not enough speed too much angle is a common mistake ,,, love to see the idiots draggin knee around corners im takin twice the speed and half the lean ... ill never understand those guys .... and they are all bewildered and blame the tires when the bike lowsides ...

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
As others said there are options : Bazzaz, Motec, maybe race ECU?
I know for sure for the 08 it exists.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts