Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i switched my Gen5 to race/track only and removed the ABS setup completely. I ordered a Non-ABS rear brake line from Spiegler and it seems excessively long. :dontknow: From Banjo center to Banjo center I measure about 31 1/4". Can someone measure a stock non abs rear line for me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My stock non-abs line is 22”. I know this because I worked with Spiegler to build a custom line. I installed Attack rearsets and everyone told me I wouldn’t need a longer brake line but it clearly wasn’t the case. I think the problem was that the Attack rearsets angled the master cylinder forward more than stock which kinked the line coming out of the master. I ended up getting a line that was a little longer and with less angle out of the master, this way I could have access to all of the adjustability of the rearsets. Now, back to Spiegler...while checking with them for the length, the guy quoted me something like 31” which I knew was way too long. He checked and thinks they went from a book of specs to putting the specs into a computer system and perhaps there were some errors. I think yours are in error. I would contact Spiegler customer support, they were really good to work with and my line turned out great. Also consider measuring for a custom line if you have aftermarket rearsets. The cost is about the same.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome.. appreciate the help and recommendations. I sent Spiegler a message the other day but never responded. So I guess I have to call them on Tuesday. Thanks again
My stock non-abs line is 22”. I know this because I worked with Spiegler to build a custom line. I installed Attack rearsets and everyone told me I wouldn’t need a longer brake line but it clearly wasn’t the case. I think the problem was that the Attack rearsets angled the master cylinder forward more than stock which kinked the line coming out of the master. I ended up getting a line that was a little longer and with less angle out of the master, this way I could have access to all of the adjustability of the rearsets. Now, back to Spiegler...while checking with them for the length, the guy quoted me something like 31” which I knew was way too long. He checked and thinks they went from a book of specs to putting the specs into a computer system and perhaps there were some errors. I think yours are in error. I would contact Spiegler customer support, they were really good to work with and my line turned out great. Also consider measuring for a custom line if you have aftermarket rearsets. The cost is about the same.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just to clarify... my bike is street/track. If I you remove the rear abs sensor - you will also lose the speed sensor. Is that correct?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts