Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone interpret including the airflow chart? I wish it had the RPM scale at the bottom vs. MPH. I have low gears so top speed I think was in 5th gear?

Mods include -

Two Brothers slip-on
Juice box fuel mgt
Cat gutted
Boom box bye-bye
Smog gone
Secondary flies gone
K&N filter
Healtech X-TRE
Renthal sprockets 16/43
Rifleman 1/5 throttle insert
Healtech speedohealer
Zero Gravity DB windscreen
AVS levers

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
yeah hold on and let me get my glasses.:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Looks fine... Your at 13.0 on the high end which is perfect. No big dips in power so it should be just fine.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Looks pretty good.

It is measured using SAE correction which typically reads lower #'s than STD, but IMO is the proper measurement to use.

Smoothing: 5 again, IMO a good setting to use. Just smooths out the line and makes it easier to read.

Air / Fuel ratio looks good.

Peak HP #'s look good for a TBR slip on, gutted cat, and link pipe.:eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Can't wait to ride the bike....so is Good Times Kawi using a new DynoJet?.....remember on our phone call I told you my old Gen by GoodTimes was on a Dynojet 100 but they probabably upgraded by now?....was this a tune or just a run..forgot?

bloo

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree with the above. The SAE is the correction method to use and A/F ratio is linear. Nice HP gains and all around good numbers.

Ask them for the RPM graph as they might have it along with some other graphs. This can help see where in your RPM range you have optimal torque and HP as well as the correct RPM to shift at.

You can usually have a few different graphs made that can show you different things. If you get the A/F ration expanded on a larger chart, it can sometimes give you a A/F line that is still as linear or not so.

No torque reading?

I should be getting my bike on the dyno soon so I can see what it pulls before a PC is installed.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't wait to ride the bike....so is Good Times Kawi using a new DynoJet?.....remember on our phone call I told you my old Gen by GoodTimes was on a Dynojet 100 but they probabably upgraded by now?....was this a tune or just a run..forgot?

bloo
It's only $48 (incl tax) for the dyno run (no tune, just the chart). Not sure if this was the new DynoJet.

This weekend is open if you'd like to test ride this beast. Give me a call or PM.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with the above. The SAE is the correction method to use and A/F ratio is linear. Nice HP gains and all around good numbers.

Ask them for the RPM graph as they might have it along with some other graphs. This can help see where in your RPM range you have optimal torque and HP as well as the correct RPM to shift at.

You can usually have a few different graphs made that can show you different things. If you get the A/F ration expanded on a larger chart, it can sometimes give you a A/F line that is still as linear or not so.

No torque reading?

I should be getting my bike on the dyno soon so I can see what it pulls before a PC is installed.
Thanks for the advice - i'll call them - the tech was in a hurry and probably shorted me the torque reading. I'd like to get the RPM graph too.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It's only $48 (incl tax) for the dyno run (no tune, just the chart). Not sure if this was the new DynoJet.

This weekend is open if you'd like to test ride this beast. Give me a call or PM.
Saturday is shot...maybe early Sunday...lets play it by ear though :wink:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
:eyecrazy:48$... They better give you a torque reading and whatever else you ask for.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was thinking that $48 was kind of high too, but if you end up getting the charts you want and your happy with the service than it is the right price. Stuff does seem to cost more in Cali than here though so...

Or, maybe my buddy needs to start charging more. One or the other.

How much do they charge for a full tune? If you know cool, if not no worries. Just curious.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:eyecrazy:48$... They better give you a torque reading and whatever else you ask for.
Now that I think of it I got a Torque reading from that same place...they must have changed Dynos and way of doing things as my test was many many years ago and about the same price. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking that $48 was kind of high too, but if you end up getting the charts you want and your happy with the service than it is the right price. Stuff does seem to cost more in Cali than here though so...

Or, maybe my buddy needs to start charging more. One or the other.

How much do they charge for a full tune? If you know cool, if not no worries. Just curious.
They were the cheapest - and yes Calif is a rip off. For just the dyno (no tune), the Harley dealer wanted $90. Other sportbike places were $150-250 for just the run.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
dayum you guys pay alot! average pull is 25-35 tops and a full tune is 175-250 tops depending on if the dyno has tuning link.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
dayum you guys pay alot! average pull is 25-35 tops and a full tune is 175-250 tops depending on if the dyno has tuning link.
We can get the full tune or cheaper in Cali....just not a run on the Dyno....you see that takes time and time is Money in Cali so it has to be worth while to make a buck. :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts