Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a map made for my zx10, theres gotta me a map guru on here :) if so and ya wouldnt mind i would appreciate it

05 zx10: k&n filter, muzzy slip on, cat delete, exhaust butterfly disabled, secondaries removed, egr deleted, air tubes modified, pc3, i live in florida

·
Registered
332 Posts
take it to a good dyno tuner and have them make you a map. most dyno shops charge around 250-300 and your bike will thank you afterwards.
:+1:

Unless you put it on the dyno it will never be at its peak performance.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i need a map made for my zx10, theres gotta me a map guru on here :) if so and ya wouldnt mind i would appreciate it

05 zx10: k&n filter, muzzy slip on, cat delete, exhaust butterfly disabled, secondaries removed, egr deleted, air tubes modified, pc3, i live in florida
send us the ecu, we can fix ya up

·
Registered
206 Posts
How are you going to tune his bike with the info provided? Just a generic Dynojet map in the reflash? I am interested in sending out my ECU, I just would like to know what type of tuning work you guys do.
we dont do dynojet stuff, we do complete reflashing of the factory ecu for the zx10r.

What we do is base our tuning for his bike ( or anyones) on the mods he has and the dyno work we have done with the bikes of that year/ecu number with the same mods. You would be very surprised how close we get to perfect:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
we dont do dynojet stuff, we do complete reflashing of the factory ecu for the zx10r.

What we do is base our tuning for his bike ( or anyones) on the mods he has and the dyno work we have done with the bikes of that year/ecu number with the same mods. You would be very surprised how close we get to perfect:thumbsup:
I have a full custom tune in my bike right now. The last think I would want to do is mess with that tune. Would it be possible to do the reflash to get rid of the FI light that is on from my PAIR valve delete and Exhaust valve delete. Also would want to have the speed limiter and the "kawasaki traction control" present in the 08-10 zx10r removed as well.

Sorry for the thread jack OP. Just looking for info, much like yourself.

·
Registered
700 Posts

May be close but there is the difference in way off and close is notable, the difference in close and perfect is significant. In my case a modified Dyno jet map to a custom tune was worth 7 hp to the wheels. and it was barley off the 12.8 aft goal.

IE. I built two identical gsxr 1000's last year for 2 guys, Same cams, cam timing, everything. One of the guys got his dyno tuned and the other guy was short on cash to get his dyno tuned, so I took the map he got done and loaded it into the other bike until he got it tuned, It was PIG rich and ran like crap. Every bike is different. What I am getting at is NO "mail order tune" will replace a good dyno tune. It may be close.
Now I like what the guys are doing with ecu flashing but in this application it sounds like you need to visit you local dyno shop. Now they can do cool things like raise rev limits and other things which is great but I would still piggy back their flash with a power commander and a dyno tune, There is absolutely no way around it if you are looking for perfect fuel rations for YOUR bike.

Yes I build race motors for a living and have seen it firsthand not off a forum.

·
Registered
206 Posts
May be close but there is the difference in way off and close is notable, the difference in close and perfect is significant. In my case a modified Dyno jet map to a custom tune was worth 7 hp to the wheels. and it was barley off the 12.8 aft goal.

IE. I built two identical gsxr 1000's last year for 2 guys, Same cams, cam timing, everything. One of the guys got his dyno tuned and the other guy was short on cash to get his dyno tuned, so I took the map he got done and loaded it into the other bike until he got it tuned, It was PIG rich and ran like crap. Every bike is different. What I am getting at is NO "mail order tune" will replace a good dyno tune. It may be close.
Now I like what the guys are doing with ecu flashing but in this application it sounds like you need to visit you local dyno shop. Now they can do cool things like raise rev limits and other things which is great but I would still piggy back their flash with a power commander and a dyno tune, There is absolutely no way around it if you are looking for perfect fuel rations for YOUR bike.

Yes I build race motors for a living and have seen it firsthand not off a forum.
Bug, you are correct that threre are no"mail in tunes" that fit every bike perfectly. However if you look you will notice that we always say that if you take your bike to the dyno, and send us data from the run, we will re write the file to make it perfect for your individual engine/mod set up. I realise this could be a pain sending the ecu back for a second round, and that is why we are in the process of setting up qualified dyno and race shops to be able to flash files right on the dyno. This still entails sending the file to us to trim, but via email, and taking moments rather than days.

We have also always told the guys that have the PC that if they wish, they can still adjust with the pc for the idiosyncrasies of their particular bike set up. However on a street/track bike with simple mods like a full exhaust, you will find that the file we provide will be 99% spot on. In fact I would, based on our dyno work, be willing to bet, that a custom tune using a piggyback like the PC will in fact have less gains than a reflash of the factory ecu.

The ultimate set up for tuning the zx10 would be a reflashed ecu that can then be adjusted by the end user. This is why we offer the race conversion of the factory ecu, it allows fine tuning with an resolution that the piggy backs cannot offer

·
Registered
700 Posts
Bug, you are correct that threre are no"mail in tunes" that fit every bike perfectly. However if you look you will notice that we always say that if you take your bike to the dyno, and send us data from the run, we will re write the file to make it perfect for your individual engine/mod set up. I realise this could be a pain sending the ecu back for a second round, and that is why we are in the process of setting up qualified dyno and race shops to be able to flash files right on the dyno. This still entails sending the file to us to trim, but via email, and taking moments rather than days.

We have also always told the guys that have the PC that if they wish, they can still adjust with the pc for the idiosyncrasies of their particular bike set up. However on a street/track bike with simple mods like a full exhaust, you will find that the file we provide will be 99% spot on. In fact I would, based on our dyno work, be willing to bet, that a custom tune using a piggyback like the PC will in fact have less gains than a reflash of the factory ecu.

The ultimate set up for tuning the zx10 would be a reflashed ecu that can then be adjusted by the end user. This is why we offer the race conversion of the factory ecu, it allows fine tuning with an resolution that the piggy backs cannot offer
Don't get me wrong i was not bashing your product. I think it is a great service that you have put the time in to make stuff like this possible. I'm sure you are as close as possible with a generic tune. With a full system or a slip on I'm sure it's close enough for a street bike. If a flashed ecu outperforms a dyno tune it has to do with the other things like, Ignition timing , Rev limiter increase, secondary's 1:1 with the primaries. But a flashed ecu + a dyno tune would still make more horsepower. The only way I could see it would be a bike that is restricted from the factory.

But what i am getting at is there is a miscomputation floating around that a re flashed ECU will replace a dyno tune. This is just simply not true There are Correct and not correct fuel mixtures there is no in between its dead on or not in my book.
so my 2cent is I all for flashing ECU is great for its other features but I would choose not to use the fuel mixtures. Although if they can do on the fly dyno adjustments then that covers that base. I would buy a power commander and have a dyno tune and then have the ecu flashed. Then you can make on the fly fuel trim and have all the features of the power commander.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don't get me wrong i was not bashing your product. I think it is a great service that you have put the time in to make stuff like this possible. I'm sure you are as close as possible with a generic tune. With a full system or a slip on I'm sure it's close enough for a street bike. If a flashed ecu outperforms a dyno tune it has to do with the other things like, Ignition timing , Rev limiter increase, secondary's 1:1 with the primaries. But a flashed ecu + a dyno tune would still make more horsepower. The only way I could see it would be a bike that is restricted from the factory.

But what i am getting at is there is a miscomputation floating around that a re flashed ECU will replace a dyno tune. This is just simply not true There are Correct and not correct fuel mixtures there is no in between its dead on or not in my book.
so my 2cent is I all for flashing ECU is great for its other features but I would choose not to use the fuel mixtures. Although if they can do on the fly dyno adjustments then that covers that base. I would buy a power commander and have a dyno tune and then have the ecu flashed. Then you can make on the fly fuel trim and have all the features of the power commander.
Bug, I think you missed what I said about touch ups; once we re write a file for a particular bike, and if the customer wants, they can dyno(or datalog),get the sheet and send the ecu back to make the file perfect for their bike.This covers the perfect lambda for you. Yes we tune a tad to fat to start with, but its 1-4% at max.

Heres the thing; the piggybacks like the pc are good for what they do, but because of the nature of their design, they just cannot compete with a factory ecu that has been custom tuned to fit an individual engine/bike combo. It all comes down to resolution.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts