Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Gen5 KRT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought a 2016 zx10r that was custom dyno tuned, not mail-in-ecu-flashed. Has stock headers, cat delete, and the low mount m4 streetslayer. Stock air filter too.

I want to change to the graves works high mount slip on, which is a longer pipe obviously, hence why I want to make sure this would be okay. I would rather not spend another ~$250 to get an ecu flash if I don’t have to, since it was already dyno tuned to about 196hp.

I’ve read that people say the ecu will take care of the small change in air/fuel, but the guy I bought it from told me not to even put the baffle in the m4 or it will throw off the tune. Which is why I’m at a crossroads. Or was he just wrong?

EDIT: if it makes a difference, the bike still has an oxygen sensor plugged into the bottom of the stock header system right before the slip on.

·
Registered
831 Posts
A db killer baffle will have a big impact on the power output of any set up.

Switching from 1 muffler to another isn't going to harm your engine. Even the OEM muffler is a straight through design just like all the aftermarket ones. Most of the backpressure came from the cat box anyway.

·
Registered
2016 Gen5 KRT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A db killer baffle will have a big impact on the power output of any set up.

Switching from 1 muffler to another isn't going to harm your engine. Even the OEM muffler is a straight through design just like all the aftermarket ones. Most of the backpressure came from the cat box anyway.

thank you! I’d definitely rather not spend $250 on a flash just for switching pipes, when I’m already getting all the other benefits of the ECU flash.

·
Registered
2016 Gen5 KRT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't graves provide a flash when you buy the exhaust?
i think they provide a map if you have your own equipment to flash. i dont have an FTECU. i was just gonna do a mail-in-ecu-flash. but the bike was tuned before i even bought it

·
Registered
355 Posts
leave custom dyno tune in place, much better than mail in flashes. change in tune u have insignificant or none.

·
Registered
2016 Gen5 KRT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
leave custom dyno tune in place, much better than mail in flashes. change in tune u have insignificant or none.
Thanks I’ll definitely switch to the graves then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts