Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 04 ZX10 with Ohlins front and rear suspension. Can I swap that stuff over easily to the 08 or are the mounts, clamps and stuff different?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
The answer is no, but if you need to get rid of your Ohlins stuff then PM me as I need some for my spare bike.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Forks will work, but you need the 04 front wheel and axle, rear shock ,is definatley differnt, but it may work, but I would not count on it being set up right with spring rate and ride hieght, specs I am sure have changed, you would just have to test fit.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You can buy the lower leg castings to suit your new bike from Ohlins , the forks themselves are a pretty generic 43mm upside down deal , expect to pay a lot of money for the lower legs though.
Another thing I am not sure about is the free length and droop limit as the rake has changed on the 08 model, Ohlins should be able to advise you though , it seems to me there is more front suspension travel with the 08 , sure looks like it has more leg showing.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
You can buy the lower leg castings to suit your new bike from Ohlins , the forks themselves are a pretty generic 43mm upside down deal , expect to pay a lot of money for the lower legs though.
Another thing I am not sure about is the free length and droop limit as the rake has changed on the 08 model, Ohlins should be able to advise you though , it seems to me there is more front suspension travel with the 08 , sure looks like it has more leg showing.
FAF with the info, commin through :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts