Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I plan on tuning my bike after the mods I have on my garage floor but the tuner wants to wait till it gets warmer here. I have a PC3,IM,TRE,Emission block offs, Leo Vince slip-on exhaust, K&N filter, Velocity stacks and removed 2ndary butterflies. Now I have the exhaust and filter in but nothing else. But I wanna install these mods. I kno the bike wont run right and I dont wanna do the samething twice(put the PC3 in and nothing else then 2 weeks later do all of it) But what if I did all of this. Is it a bad idea?? Im sure there is some folks on here that have the same mods I wanna do with a tune. Just curious what I should do, think Im better of waitin

·
Registered
126 Posts
What altitude are you? I'm in Dallas, TX (about 980ft above sea level) w/ no tune & the bike runs great, but every now & then I get an exhaust pop, from richness, on decel. I have the following mods: 2ndaries delete, k&n filter, Muzzy gp full system & by default the exhaust servo delete, & air pump delete. I dyno'd it on a cold humid day last year in Houston (about 400ft) on HRC's dyno & put down 158rwhp w/ air pump delete, k&n filter, gutted cats, opened up stock mufflers, & the exhaust servo disconnected.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Google says 200-400ft above sea level. What tune did you use? One from power commander's site? The instructions on the TRE say it has to be "tuned".

I looked at those maps and they no longer work???

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
use a base map from dynojet's website for the Leo slip on with air filter and ride it like that till you get a real tune. Should not hurt it... Might not be the best tune, but you will be fine.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
If you're really feeling iffy about it.. go ahead and install your mods..
then go to the map request section of this forum to find a map similar to your mods..
:+1: and at least that way when it comes time to tune it you will already knnow where any weak or dead spots are IF it even ends up needing it. go for it cause i know it's driving you nuts just having them set there on the floor!!:lol: it would me anyways.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well no more worries. Got the tuned on Friday. Made 148.4whp.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
WHAT!!! Only 148??..Bike shoulda had that totally bone stock..With all those mods(the ones that actually deal with with power and intake/exhaust)i woulda expected atleast 10-15 more..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts