Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys last week i lowered my bike and got 10.40's to 10.50's around 136-137 mph with 60 foot times in the 1.88-1.95 range. This was the 2nd time i raced a bike at a track. I was very happy but i think it could of been better because it was around 95 degrees that day and the track was kinda crappy.

I also was on the last bit of rubber with the stock tire. My goal is to get a 10 flat or 9.90's with my stock bike. I know i need to improve my 60 foot times drastically.

Other then being lowered its bone stock. I am getting a new tire and strapping the front end down more. Do u guys think this is a reasonable goal? I know others have gone high 9's on here but they have had a slip-on or full system and PC. I want to accomplish this before i modify it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
my goal is high 8's. 9 sec should be a good goal. what about a front sprocket to help out a little and try lowering your air pressure.if you didnt already.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Last year with lowered and a 16 tooth I went 10.15. I weighed bout 175lbs. with a little more time I am sure I coulda got it into the 9s stock just need to work on my 60fts I was only gettin 1.7s outta it.
havent made it this year yet to see what i can do with the pipe/PC/Headgasket

·
Registered
35 Posts
you can get 9sec out of a stock bike. my fastest so far 9.94et 1.66 60' bone stock. get a strap if you dont have yet it was the biggest help to get me there.and as far as the 15t sprocket goes get one of thoses too. i dropped 2 tenths off my 1/8mi. with it
so i hope to be around 9.8** the next time i hit the 1/4mi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good ol' Wichita International. With the heat the way it is right now here, I wouldn't start looking for the nines until it cools down a bit. Damn humidity in Kansas sux.

BTW Deths.. have you seen Patch lately??? Tell him that Ryan from back in the FZR1000 days says hi. :hello:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silver Scooby said:
Good ol' Wichita International. With the heat the way it is right now here, I wouldn't start looking for the nines until it cools down a bit. Damn humidity in Kansas sux.

BTW Deths.. have you seen Patch lately??? Tell him that Ryan from back in the FZR1000 days says hi. :hello:
Hey i ride with Patch about every night. Big bike shootout Saturday night. Hes pumped about it. Hes got the ZX-12 running 10.0's now. Trying hard to get it in the 9's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally broke the 10 out tonight (Saturday) and went riding but couldn't find anyone. Now that I'm reading this it makes since. I guess everyone is at the track tonight.

That's cool that Patch is still around. I used to ride with him a LONG time ago... back when he had his ZX-11 and then when he got the ZX-9. (I had a 92 FZR1000) I always liked Patch. He was a cool guy to hang out with and I know he'd remember me if I saw him. You might ask him if he remembers Bill Dotts too.

I don't ride much as I don't really know anyone anymore (plus I work 2nd shift). I had a stretched Busa for a while that I never rode and then sold it to my buddy Brett Burch who then sold it to some guy that frequents it out at WIR now.

I've had the 10r for about a year now. (I only have 670 miles on the bike, hell, it's not even broke in yet really). I love the bike, but like I said, I don't know anyone anymore and I've never really been one to just pull up to a group that I don't even know.

Anyways, how do you like your 10r Deths? I like mine.. but I think it's needing a -1 tooth front sprocket. 1st gear is stupid tall. I miss the torquey tire spinning low end of the Busa, but like the lightness of the 10r. However, 1st gear is way too tall for my taste. (mine's completely stock including the mudflap :badteeth: )

·
Registered
422 Posts
Silver Scooby said:
I finally broke the 10 out tonight (Saturday) and went riding but couldn't find anyone. Now that I'm reading this it makes since. I guess everyone is at the track tonight.

That's cool that Patch is still around. I used to ride with him a LONG time ago... back when he had his ZX-11 and then when he got the ZX-9. (I had a 92 FZR1000) I always liked Patch. He was a cool guy to hang out with and I know he'd remember me if I saw him. You might ask him if he remembers Bill Dotts too.

I don't ride much as I don't really know anyone anymore (plus I work 2nd shift). I had a stretched Busa for a while that I never rode and then sold it to my buddy Brett Burch who then sold it to some guy that frequents it out at WIR now.

I've had the 10r for about a year now. (I only have 670 miles on the bike, hell, it's not even broke in yet really). I love the bike, but like I said, I don't know anyone anymore and I've never really been one to just pull up to a group that I don't even know.

Anyways, how do you like your 10r Deths? I like mine.. but I think it's needing a -1 tooth front sprocket. 1st gear is stupid tall. I miss the torquey tire spinning low end of the Busa, but like the lightness of the 10r. However, 1st gear is way too tall for my taste. (mine's completely stock including the mudflap :badteeth: )

DethsZX10 and i go ridin' a lot. you should come out with us sometime. we were at the track last night til around 3am then took a couple girls riding;);)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts