Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yes if hung long enough. Talking miles here.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
this totally depend on how high your in the wheelie this is my F4i it runs 1.5 quart extra oil so not to starve

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
After enough miles or high rpm... if you're reasonable and know what you're doing your fine. Also, never overfill a Kaw motor with oil, you can with the Hondas but no-no on Kaws.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
After enough miles or high rpm... if you're reasonable and know what you're doing your fine. Also, never overfill a Kaw motor with oil, you can with the Hondas but no-no on Kaws.
not trying to be a jerk...but really whats the reasoning behind this?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yeah right^^^

explain the reasoning behind why only kawasaki motors you can't overfill. Not like I do but explain this.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
this totally depend on how high your in the wheelie this is my F4i it runs 1.5 quart extra oil so not to starve
nice pic!!!!! man it sure looks cold in that pic

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Kawasaki motors have a breather tube that run from the crankcase to the airbox. If you overfill the oil it makes them very likely to force oil up this tube and into the airbox, once it hits the airbox it goes into the combustion chambers and hydrolocks the motor. You can bypass this by doing the kleen air mod, but there are still other negatives associated with overfilling.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
breather tube is far and separated by a plate from the oil. an extra quart would probably raise the oil level about .5-1 inches, which is still far below the plate that hides the breather opening

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it much. I used to wheelie the Sh&t out of my '02 9R and i never once had a problem with that motor. It always ran strong. I could only assume they wouldnt have that problem with the 10

·
Registered
636 Posts
Watch out with the 2005 model engines, 2 of my buddy's blew up their engines after doing a long wheelie en then go full trhottle on the autobahn.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Kawasaki motors have a breather tube that run from the crankcase to the airbox. If you overfill the oil it makes them very likely to force oil up this tube and into the airbox, once it hits the airbox it goes into the combustion chambers and hydrolocks the motor. You can bypass this by doing the kleen air mod, but there are still other negatives associated with overfilling.
All bikes have breather tubes! and if you have your bike for stunting the negatives are

A. blow the motor because yo did not over fill the oil

or

B. relocate you breather tube and run a bit higher crank case pressure

I will take A, some of my friends have stunted Kawi's for years and never had 1 problem with over filling. all bikes are the same, you need to do something with the over flow Kawi aren't special

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
^Hahahaha check stuntlife for all the guys blowing 6r motors from hydrolocking. But do what you want it's not that big of a deal when you're only doing 1/4 mile pow pow wheelies anyway.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
^Hahahaha check stuntlife for all the guys blowing 6r motors from hydrolocking. But do what you want it's not that big of a deal when you're only doing 1/4 mile pow pow wheelies anyway.

okay man..........

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I'm just saying, different bikes are different. Take a zx6 and overfill it and you will be sorry.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I'm just saying, different bikes are different. Take a zx6 and overfill it and you will be sorry.
Man why do you want to get into this? you wont be sorry all you need to do is rase the overflow tube! I have do this to many bike including the 636 and 6r but believe what you want .......do you stunt?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts