Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was searching tre or xtre on here other night. cant find thread again. anyway my question. as i read it tre fools computer into thinking its in nuetral because of better map? is this not a mute point when i install a pc or bazazz ? also there is alot on gear changes(-1 ) an its affect on kims. isnt this also muted by pc ? doesnt the map i have built on dyno override these factory installed maps? ref=2008 zx10
thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
The 04-07 didnt have independent gear ignition maps. So I find it somewhat hard to believe that the 08 up does. I could be wrong. That is more of a suzuki thing. What the "tre" does is allow the secondary butterflies to open earlier. The free way around this is just to pull the plates out all together.

·
Registered
974 Posts
ignition maps....not fuel maps.

agressive ignition changes or mild ones to increase or limit power production..........this can effect the final fuel map/changes, coupled with closing butterflies in the injectors and exhaust creates noise limitations for EPA crap......

Back to the original question, fuel maps made for each gear so over lapping gears and loads in the rpm range don't conflict each other.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks im just learning as i go here so bear w/ me. so would a pc ignition moduale be able to tune these in or out? im not looking for more power. just wanting to optimize an smoothout what i have.

·
Registered
974 Posts
yes indeed the ignition module can, and possibly cure all you wish. Keep in mind, the guy who makes Factory Pro stuff has claimed that digital changes from the controller only work out to be half value in total.(his research, not mine) He seems to have his stuff together so i'd take it with a hearty value, and some salt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts