Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to rebuild my motor. Need opinions on which cams to do. Gen 3 intake for my exhaust? New web cams? Any advice and build opinions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
There'll be a guy coming over shortly to tell you all about the G3 intake and stock G1 exhaust combination,Gaz knows how to build those G1 & 2's real fast. :hello:

·
Registered
340 Posts
gen 3 stk int/stk gen 1 ex cam will add power and decent budget mod. gen 3 race int or gen 1 race int will make more, still stk ex cam. only web cams i suggest stk piston bike is small stk lift web reground/reprofiled original cams. made more power with these than any other web cams on stk piston motor, more than the larger webs and ive used them all except the 384 lift. important since ur rebuilding to do performance head mods along with int cam to make good power. cam alone will make very little, supporting head mods alone will make more hp/torque than just throwing cam in stk top end. good competition valve job, .015-.020 mill, .45 mm hg alone w give u 10+ hp with good increase in torque. now u add camshaft and it will make the power it was designed to make. well ported head always beneficial but adds cost. few realize that vj/mill/thin hg account for half the hp increase alone from a built ported head. best bang for buck gen 3 stk int, mill, vj, thin hg. porting another 10 hp but $$$. to finish u need good hp exhaust, cams degreed correctley and tune, where many fall far short in becoming fast.

·
Registered
340 Posts
read ur previous posts, saw where u thought u had retainer/keeper problem, but found no problem and decided spun bearing instead? spun bearing will always show up with gold colored metal in oilpan. before u go ripping that whole motor apart, drain the oil/pull the oil pan and inspect both. no gold colored metal flakes, no bottom end problem and no wasted money/effort.spun main or rod bearing will have a lot. just a few tiny specs usually present from clutch plates.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
read ur previous posts, saw where u thought u had retainer/keeper problem, but found no problem and decided spun bearing instead? spun bearing will always show up with gold colored metal in oilpan. before u go ripping that whole motor apart, drain the oil/pull the oil pan and inspect both. no gold colored metal flakes, no bottom end problem and no wasted money/effort.spun main or rod bearing will have a lot. just a few tiny specs usually present from clutch plates.
The oil pan was already off when I picked the bike up unfortunately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts