Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody at my bank told me about it and I thought it was quite interesting. Wondering if it is as good as Christian says it is. If it is I'm not buying a new motorcycle until it's used.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Pneumatic valves. Cool stuff. Just like F1 cars. GM has been working on solenoid valves themselves for street cars. This type of revolution in engine design won't happen overnight though, so don't hold your breath.

The coolest part of this is that you can tune much more of the engine through the ECU. You can make the low-end with the best cam profile, the upper-end with the best there. You can even make different maps for fuel-efficiency vs. power for different power modes that actually do something other than affect throttle response and/or block off air with secondary throttle plates like the Kawi does.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
:clap::notworthy

Pure Awesomeness, can't wait to see them build their own engine
instead of a modified engine.

Great find

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,662 Posts
Yes, it's the only way forward IMO. Pneumatic valve actuation has been going on in F1 for awhile and allows the high RPMs without the classic valve float issues associated with cam-driven systems. That is typically the limiting factor for the engine speed. It wouldn't surprise me to see these types of systems on road cars in a few years as fuel standards are lifted. I'm not sure why electric solenoids aren't put in there to positively open and positively close the valves on demand. But variable valve timing is currently being used in a lot of cars to tune them for low and high power situations individually. But as he states, this is still a cam system that is advanced or retarded slightly based on the needs of the motor. Intake and exhaust. This is the way forward for the internal combustion engine.

When it happens to bikes though, be ready for all the new "is this ticking sound normal?" threads to start. :lol:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yep thats some bad asss suff, i .eed a conversion kit for my gen 4.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think aussie made and made retarded HP with clean-ish emmisions.
ya I was tempted to get it but snapped back to reality as I don't need it, nor could I use it. It supposedly made 250hp and like 150-160 ft/tq plus 50 pounds lighter than the stock motor. I could not imagine the hit on that motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts