Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Came back to Kawasaki

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Static IP 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, guess this is my introductory post.

I've been riding for three years. First bike was a Ninja 300 SE, absolutely loved the thing and learned a LOT on it... but eventually outgrew it.

Second bike was a CBR600RR, had that bike the longest. Sold my car, rode the bike across the country for about a month, used it every day rain or shine. Eventually I started having electrical issues with it and finally decided that now was the time to get a new bike. I figured if I was spending the money, I might as well try out a litre bike.

So, my third bike is the '16 ZX-10R KRT. I absolutely love it, and I love that the paint scheme looks so similar to my first bike. I put around 430 miles on it yesterday, travelling all around Arizona. Already replaced the tail fender with an integrated light. I've been meaning to take photos of it but want to replace the exhaust first, too.

I'm sure I'll be posting here again soon. Thanks for having me.

#4 ·
Thanks, guys. Like I said, I don't have any photos of the new bike yet. I do plan on taking some good ones, though. I used to do some freelance photography and am still into it today, so I want them to turn out nice. For now, here's some photos I took right before I sold my CBR600RR.

#5 ·
Thanks, guys. Like I said, I don't have any photos of the new bike yet. I do plan on taking some good ones, though. I used to do some freelance photography and am still into it today, so I want them to turn out nice. For now, here's some photos I took right before I sold my CBR600RR.

Nice! Sorry I read that but I'm a pic whore lol. >:) Post 'em up when you finally get to do some, I'd love to see the professional look you can give the 10R! :thumbsup:

#13 ·
Hey guys, I just posted a timelapse of my bike sitting downtown on the other thread, feel free to check it out. I'm honestly quite proud of it - first time shooting video with my gear.

Yup, that's me. Recently with work and school being full-time I've fallen off the social media map, so I don't think I ever posted any photos on 600rr. I'll probably continue posting photos and videos of my 10 on the other thread as I continue to put miles on it, so stay tuned.

Welcome!

I enjoy hearing about people who started off on a genuine beginner bike to develop their skills before jumping into a super sport type bike. I wish more people would do that.

The gen 5 seems to be a real nice bike, good luck with it.
I wish they would, too. I'm very, very glad I started out on my 300. It gave me a lot of memorable experiences, opened the door up to a whole new group of friends, and saved me from my own mistakes SO many times as a new rider. Absolutely no regrets with the 300, or the 600 for that matter.

I've always been the one encouraging my friends who are interested in riding to start out small, offering them any help and advice I can give, making sure they take the MSF and buy decent gear, etc. - it's a full-on passion for me, now. I'm already having so much fun with my 10, I know for certain it's going to be quite a ride!

Welcome
So a few important questions we need to know (well I need to know)

Are you a professional photographer?
(those pics are NOT normal)

Have you taken the 10 to Starbucks yet?
(are you a starbucks fan?)

Are you familiar with Korg?
Interesting questions! I used to work in professional photography. Nothing serious or super glamorous, mostly freelance. It paid well, but it's not exactly a stable paycheck and can be quite stressful. I eventually decided I enjoyed photography more as a hobby, and not "work".

I'm a coffee fan in general, although out here I tend to go to Dutch Brothers (which we didn't have on the East Coast) as it's much closer to me.

Korg, as in the electronics brand? I'm familiar their percussion synthesizer (I was a huge band geek), but otherwise, no.

#12 ·
Welcome
So a few important questions we need to know (well I need to know)

Are you a professional photographer?
(those pics are NOT normal)

Have you taken the 10 to Starbucks yet?
(are you a starbucks fan?)

Are you familiar with Korg?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.