Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i appologize...i know a bunch of people have prob already asked this question a 1000 times, but i did a search and cant find it...

i have a gen 2 and heard i can put an exhaust cam on my intake side, or vise versa...or some cam from another gen in my bike and itll give me better performance

any input fellas? :hello:

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
753 Posts
A lot of, so to say, silly things are said. You better don't believe anything looking plain simple and that's sold to be the holy grail of power.

Cam swap is one of the most challeging mods. It involves a whole universe of aditional mods to make it work, and you can end up realizing the achievement it´s not what you expected.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
The mod that was tested was putting a stock intake on the exhaust side...

I did it and I found that the gains weren't anything special and this was back to back dyno runs, its a VERY big pain int he butt to drill and tap the hole to make a cam position sensor and it only gained around 1hp....

wasn't worth the effort, if anything just redegree the cams to what kind of racing your doing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
why not run a 08 kawi race intake cam and take your stock gen 2 intake cam and put it on the exhaust side? this is what i plan to do with mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts