Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the kawi race cams on there 06/07? and if so how do feel bout them? and did you have them degreed? how much was gained hps, torgue an dyno graph if dont mind i want to see curve? and what other mods where done with? im asking cause im really want to get them but no one around me has them or worked with them to give any feed back, so as much feed back i can get will be appreciated!!...

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
A lot of people have done the intake cam and not the exhaust , the exhaust cam has lower numbers which leads me to believe it needs more RPM's and a tuned exhaust.

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
A lot of people have done the intake cam and not the exhaust , the exhaust cam has lower numbers which leads me to believe it needs more RPM's and a tuned exhaust.
What do you exactlymean by "tuned" exhuast?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A proper tuned length to control pulse waves and extraction.
so you dont think full akrapovics wont work well with both cams? or are talking bout a good custom map? i still dont understand what you mean...

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I couldnt really tell you without testing them personally, but several guys on here have found the exhaust cam to be inadequate.

By having a tuned exhaust diameter and length can help extract exhaust gases more efficiently and allow you to use smaller valves or less valve lift, there are several reasons for doing this , and to put it simply the less exhaust gases that get blown back into the engine the more efficient it is and the less fuel expended without burning going through the exhaust also means better efficiency. Its a little more complex than I stated but it may give you an idea.

By cutting down on the time that the exhaust valve is open reduces the amount of wasted fuel and also reduces burnt gases re entering the engine, but it has to be big enough and open enough to do the job.

Without physically testing the exhaust cam it is hard to determine wether it is an improvement or not but others have tried it and seen no gains in power , where it may help is in power delivery and better throttle response.

Garth has tried the exhaust cam and found no improvement on the dyno.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
better power delivery and throttle response is worth it... but i would gain power from the intake cam or are you just saying just do intake cam?

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
do you happen to remember what post the info was on?
There are numerous posts with good info, just search "intake cam" and you'll get a bunch of hits with usable information.:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts