Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When setting cam's number why do some guys like the ex side higher? is that more for nos?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Alot has to do with what cams you have in your bike. Certain numbers dont mean anything if the cams are different. What you really need to do is to set and try. First thing I would do is get a good number from a builder to start with and work from there.

Lower numbers will usually give you more overlap, Higher numbers will have less. Moving each will affect were the power comes in and where it falls off. I know you drag race you ideally you would like to have it up higher and try to set it where the bike will be which should be between 8500 and 12,600

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Alot has to do with what cams you have in your bike. Certain numbers dont mean anything if the cams are different. What you really need to do is to set and try. First thing I would do is get a good number from a builder to start with and work from there.

Lower numbers will usually give you more overlap, Higher numbers will have less. Moving each will affect were the power comes in and where it falls off. I know you drag race you ideally you would like to have it up higher and try to set it where the bike will be which should be between 8500 and 12,600
Great response Kiel!!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts