Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am about the start putting everything back together from my thin head gasket, and race intake cam install. I just got done degreeing the cams and after the final couple checks will get it started. Any way the point of this post is to share some of the readings that I found helpful on cam degreeing.

The first is from Muzzys website

Muzzy's Cam Article

The second I found the most helpful. It is from the webcams website

http://www.webcamshafts.com/

If you go to the left menu just select the "Degree in your cam" link. The pdf file on the page is very good and helpful. I would recommend reading that as it is more detailed. Also on this site they have a lobe center calculator.

Either way I just thought these artile would be helpful for those trying to degree their own cams.

·
Registered
311 Posts
so by these calculation what is your best degree number that you came up with , and did you check your before and after compresion ???

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I guess they could start a file on this similar to fuel maps?
Thanks for the articles. I will look at them. Considering doing it during first adjustment interval.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with 108/102. Just the basic race manual numbers. I calculated the numbers of the stock cams and they were actually 104/100 according to the service manual.

·
Registered
311 Posts
didnt you have any extra nois or rattling sound , or feeling any strange nois going on, did you had to reshim , reset your valve clearance ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts