Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Have you had a GOOD experience or BAD with the TRE?

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP!!!!So heres my dilema,I have an 06ZX10R and it runs great with only 2k on the odometer but....I feel like if I get the TRE thing "$35 bucks on ebay" I might be even happier with the way it would run.Problem is its still under warranty:1848: and Im not sure if it could damage anything:dontknow: .And really,whats the big difference I'd get from having one?:dontknow: Im calling all riders to respond to this and make sure you've got some real experience with this first hand.It'd be nice to hear from someone who's been riding around for awhile with this mod.Make sure you include the good as well as the bad stories with this one.Im trying to keep this beast for awhile.Dont forget to vote!And thanx 4yer support!:rockwoot:

·
Registered
854 Posts
I installed mine with 3000k on my new 07. I havent had any problems yet. pulls hard at the lower RPM's. As long as you get a good one and install it correctly you should have no problems.
I now have 5000k on my bike and no issues yet.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Definitely good.

When you first install it you'll think you're starting out in second but you'll adjust.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Got the GI Pro w/ ATRE here.
This unit has 4 settings. I have mine on positon one. Turned it off before while riding thru the same hard twisties. Could feel more grunt with TRE on.
And don't think you're gonna build more horsepower with a TRE. That's not its function. But I might get you more horsepower a little quicker.

Also my bike has been mapped since the install. I a big believer on mapping. Even a stock machine. TRE shouldn't effect a map, but my instructions suggested that it be mapped in favorite position.

If you are considering a gear indicator too. This unit is the way to go. Don't go Acumen. Been there done that too!

Almost forgot. Be careful of the B.S. Ebay TRE copies. Look on here for the on site sponser and you'll get something that really works.

Here's to good fun & more good times.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I bought one and sold it. Just did a lot of reading and it seemed like it didn't help too much on the street but on the track it's very noticeable. Figured it wasn't right for me but never installed it.

Sorry to threadjack but just wanted to throw my opinion in.

There are very conflicting answers...some say it does some say it doesn't but the poll right now shows most think it's a big help.

·
Registered
448 Posts
the tre was the first mod i did i bought my bike spring of 2006 and put the tre on it when i probally had a 1000 miles on the bike to me i couldnt tell a diffrence,now when i put my exhaust on and pc3 and 16 tooth front sprocket, and had it mapped it was a night and day diffrence

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
I bout the gi pro with tre..When i had my bike mapped with ot a tre it felt like it pulled harder..I now sence had it mapped again with my full beet...I actually dropped one hp with it on.....NOw it wasnt mapped with it on but still,dyno didnt show any increase or torque increase...aint turned it on sence..Plus i found it made it kinda knock a lil below 4500 rpm(when you roll on the throttle..)Atleast the gear indicator is cool..

·
Registered
173 Posts
not sure if there was any real difference on my 04. I did not adjust sub throttle sensor or any idle screws. No change noticed.

Not a bad experience, no experience at all I guess.

·
Registered
84 Posts
me and my buddies said the hell with the tre and they picked up the drop in cam and had it mapped properly I had a tre on my last bike and all it id was just trick the gear indicater allowing a little more spark and fuel to go threw which helped on decel but hey your on a 10 with a slipper clutch

·
Registered
681 Posts
Good question. PLEASE tell us what tre you are using that will be very helpful. I just bought a Gli pro w/ gear ind. From what i have read ,I cant wait for it to be installed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts