Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal: Pre-orders for the '04-'05 supercharger kit have been slow to arrive since I formally announced things last month, and since mainstream magazine coverage is not due to come out until August/September, I'm now looking to adapt the kit to the 2nd & 3rd-gen bikes.

What I need right now is a bike to pull some dimensions off of. If anyone in the PA/NJ/DE area would be willing to part with their ride for a day or two, let me know (our shop is located in Huntingdon Valley, PA). The biggest change from the 1st-gens is the timing cover area, as Kawi changed the case and moved the starter drive to the right side of the bike starting in '06. The other issue on the '08-up bikes are the secondary injectors mounted in the airbox, which may or may not dictate changes to my current plenum design.

I'd love to be able to sell this kit for all years of the 10R, so if you are interested in a kit and are nearby, give me a shout.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ask him for part of the profits. :lol: J/K of course.

If I end up using one of these bikes as the full kit full development platform, then the owner will end up getting a pretty serious discount -- I only charge for cost of materials and outside machining.

For this deal, if someone was willing to drop the bike off and let me use it for a day or two, I'll give you a set of block-off plates for free, and if the kit is feasible (and you want to go through with it), you get to be the development bike and receive the benefits of the aforementioned discount.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
If I was closer to you, I would jump at the chance. ;)

I'd be happy to do any measurements that you need and close up pics if you require them.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
This is SOOO fucking exciting! Finally Gen 2 will represent. :thumbsup: Thanks Toro.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
If I end up using one of these bikes as the full kit full development platform, then the owner will end up getting a pretty serious discount -- I only charge for cost of materials and outside machining.

For this deal, if someone was willing to drop the bike off and let me use it for a day or two, I'll give you a set of block-off plates for free, and if the kit is feasible (and you want to go through with it), you get to be the development bike and receive the benefits of the aforementioned discount.
I was just teasing. :lol: I'm sure there are plenty who would do it just to help the cause. :thumbsup:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I'm right near West Chester PA if you want my 2nd Gen. Stock exhaust(slipons and catless) PC3 and other stuff, see my signature. You can take my 2nd Gen for development and testing. I got the cash now for the kit.

Eric

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If I was closer to you, I would jump at the chance. ;)

I'd be happy to do any measurements that you need and close up pics if you require them.
:+1: that would be awesome

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just purchased a starter cover off another member of this forum, so once it comes in, I'll start designing a new bracket for these bikes. If the supercharger can sit in the same little pocket of space as it does on the 1st-gen, we're in business.

Once I get a bracket designed and mocked up, I'm bringing a bike into the shop to check things out.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Keep us updated man.:thumbsup:

I just purchased a starter cover off another member of this forum, so once it comes in, I'll start designing a new bracket for these bikes. If the supercharger can sit in the same little pocket of space as it does on the 1st-gen, we're in business.

Once I get a bracket designed and mocked up, I'm bringing a bike into the shop to check things out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts