Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i was running zx14 calipers on my 05 zx10r the brakes were insane.
i also had an rcs m/c

I now own a gsxr 1000 06, i kept my brembo m/c but the brakes are not quiet as AMAZING. " standard gsxr calipers " ( look the same as standard 04-05 zx10r calipers too )

will the zx14 zx6r calipers fit my bike?
are the o8/09 zx10r calipers a better choice, were they improved as the years went on? ( would they fit )

thanks , sorry for all the questions:mrgreen:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
well they have the same spacing bolt holes to bolt hole I know that.... I just dont know how spacing is I'm sure if you got some measurements someone could tell ya if they will work...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Don't get 08 brakes, the 14/6r calipers are worlds better (I have both on two different bikes).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the calipers are the same on a 07 zx6r and a zx14 right?

but the disc size on a zx6r is 300mm
and disc size on a zx14 is 310 mm

is this right?

mine on the gixxer are 310 mm too.
i might be able to borrow some calipers and do a dry fit before commiting to a purchase anyway i guess

·
Registered
523 Posts
when installing GSXR calipers on the 10R they need 5mm spacers
so maybe the calipers need 5mm machined off them :dontknow:

·
Gone
673 Posts
the calipers are the same on a 07 zx6r and a zx14 right?

but the disc size on a zx6r is 300mm
and disc size on a zx14 is 310 mm

is this right?

mine on the gixxer are 310 mm too.
i might be able to borrow some calipers and do a dry fit before commiting to a purchase anyway i guess
yes cals are the same but the forks aren't - the 14 has longer 'legs' on the bottom to make up the diff...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah sure thing Wayne seems the Tokico calipers & Nissin calipers are the same fit
That way you might get to see how the nissins might bolt up :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its definately not sarcasm, i need info like that. due to your comment i will be looking for the older nissan calipers only ( which i too know are good ). i just presumed that the newer model bikes probably got even better brakes.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
them nissins are the best out there till you go with brembo...used them on 2 different bikes and would say they are 9/10th's the brembo's for uner $150

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
anyone know fore sure if the zx14 calipars will fit on an 08??
I got a set on my 06 and im sellin my bike and was thinkin the calipars to till someone told me they fit the 08..I need a yes er no please and tks..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts