Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
has anyone ever experienced this, i took the bike out i stopped at the light stopped at stop sign then all of a sudden i notice the bike started slowing when rolling in neutral, well the front calipers locked shut, the lever felt as if i was pulling on it when i wasnt, luckily i was 3 blocks from my house i got my 8 mm wrench and bled off some brake fluid to release the pressure, i rode home not using front brake, ok well in the garage i pulled on the brake lever about 3 or 4 times and sure enough cant spin front wheel because the calipers are closed again without releasing. also the fluid in reservoir is right in the middle of those lines so i didnt over fill it.
also i installed new nissin caliper

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found the answer, well unbelievably i ordered a new nissin 19mm mc, from ebay because i didnt want to spend for brembo i already have brembo calipers, ok so the mc did not come with a lever, so naturally i reused the nissin lever from the zx-10r
well i forgot to mention the ebay new nissin 19mm is for a gsxr-1000 so what is the big deal both have 7/8 inch handlebars, well the lever that goes with the nissin gsxr1000 has an oddball shape it is not like any nissin used for zx-10r zx-6r or yamaha r1, so when i installed the lever from the zx-10r it was very hard to install so i forced it a bit, well the lever never would retract to bleed fluid and the result was that it kept pressure

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Definitely a good thing you werent hurt. Time for some CRGs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.