Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully somebody can clear this up for me... cause some siblings, (i.e. my twin brother) must have been dropped on their heads close at birth. I recently purchased a ZX 10 R in Cali... so that includes all the "Cali Emissions goodies." I've heard that because of this, the Kawi has decreased power, but have not seen anything in black and white. My twin, remember that guy, rides a 2005 CBR 1000 RR he purchase in Carolina... added numerous upgrades to make it go faster... and swears out that because I got the Cali model, that even a 600 could run circles around me.. When I asked the dealer about this, he informed me that I wouldn't even notice the difference. So what's the deal here?

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
40thStreetBlack said:
Hopefully somebody can clear this up for me... cause some siblings, (i.e. my twin brother) must have been dropped on their heads close at birth. I recently purchased a ZX 10 R in Cali... so that includes all the "Cali Emissions goodies." I've heard that because of this, the Kawi has decreased power, but have not seen anything in black and white. My twin, remember that guy, rides a 2005 CBR 1000 RR he purchase in Carolina... added numerous upgrades to make it go faster... and swears out that because I got the Cali model, that even a 600 could run circles around me.. When I asked the dealer about this, he informed me that I wouldn't even notice the difference. So what's the deal here?

theres only one way to find out...so go smoke his ass...:eek:ccasion1

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
The more modern bikes get the less this is true.

Older models would have often had different cams, computer maybe and possibly even smaller carbs plus a system to catch evaporated gas (charcoal can.)

I think all that a 10r has is the evaporative stuff beyond kleen that we all have. (Some extra hoses and maybe a can. The Cali gas tank is different with an extra vent I believe. One was on sale on here before in Ti.)

There is a how to on kleen / block off plates around here that goes into it I believe.

Edit- if only I had remembered crap in school this well....blue and red dots on tank- underside pic on page 2 , show extra vent(s.)
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17036&highlight=cali+gas+tank

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
No differance in power.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I have owned both and still of course own my Cali bike...there is no difference that you can tell in power....I ran both at the drag strip too. Times on my Cali. bike way better than the Non-Cali. bike but that is just because of a better suspension setup and practice.:wink:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hes just scared that he (brother with head problems) just spent a ton of money on a bike and acces. and is going to get his ass handed to him at the first time you guys go out for a ride. If I was you I would bet so real big money on that race. Ive ridden the 1000rr and it is a dog!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
No difference in power. ZX10miami is correct, but the ecu is a different part number fo the CA 10 to the non-CA 10.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Only difference is an evaporative canister, which makes no difference in power whatsoever. And if you care, you can remove that and plug the extra nipple on the tank. Still makes no difference, but you get rid of a bunch of hoses and crap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts