Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you watched "Cajun Justice" tonight,
You got to see what being a good police officer is really about.
The Fiche brothers, both cops, caught some kids drag racing tonight.
The 1st brother Deputy Fiche, let the kids go with a warning.
The kids accidentally let it be overheard that they were moving the races to a secondary spot. The cops (Fiche bros) knew right where they were going.
So they took a shortcut and beat the kids to it.
Cut their lights and lay in wait.
Sure enough, the kids show up and start drag racing.
BUSTED
They hit the blue lights and stopped the kids once again.
The older brother, Cpl Fiche decided that kids will be kids and they need to do something for the kids to keep them safe.
So, instead of ticketing or arresting them, he let them go with a 2nd warning.
And to boot, set up some track days at No Problem Racetrack.
Cops against local kids.

With all the Po Po hating going on from everyone,
I figured it was time the cops had their 15 minutes of fame for doing something good, when they did not have to.

They remembered what it was like to be young and not have anything to do in a boring ass town.

Morale of this, Not all cops are assholes.

:eek:ccasion1:thumbsup: To the Po Po

·
Registered
409 Posts
yeah. if only the cops i got deal with were on a clearly faked tv show then maybe i could be that lucky.

dont get me wrong, i know not all cops are assholes. and i respect them. but i have never had a traffic violation go even remotely close to that. never been let go. never gotten a warning.

oh well.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I've gotten a written warning for 141/65 on my 05 ZX-6R on an empty freeway round midnight. He ticketed me for expired inspection or something like that. Judge wasn't too happy about the speeding warning :thefinger

Also been ticketed for 121/65. Wrote the ticket and sent me on my way.

Not bragging by any means, I've been lucky, and cool headed, that's all.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah. if only the cops i got deal with were on a clearly faked tv show then maybe i could be that lucky.

dont get me wrong, i know not all cops are assholes. and i respect them. but i have never had a traffic violation go even remotely close to that. never been let go. never gotten a warning.

oh well.
Damn bro,
That sucks ass, I've been let go, had warnings, been arrested and or ticketed.
There are some good cops out there.
As a matter of fact, a guy I grew up with made lead homicide detective and ran interference between me and a patrol cop that I was beefing with.
Got so bad that I threatened to beat the fuck outta him in front of other po po. He was a punk ass bitch.
My buddy kept me from getting in serious trouble by convincing the other cops that this guy was singling me out and was just being an asshole and needed his ass whooped.
Talked to me and calmed me down and got the charges dropped.
Still owe him my gratitude for getting me out of that felony.

So there are some really good cops out there and I'm just trying to show so love after all the bad PR they get.

·
Registered
409 Posts
no doubt there are good cops out there. when im out at bars and i run into ones that are cool. and back in my pot smoking days i met a few who were cool too haha.

i just dont seem to have the same luck when im in my car or on my bike haha

·
Registered
691 Posts
A few years back I was racing another bike and a car, when I had my 750, stopped under the expressway cops rolled up we got back on they lit em up, needless to say I ran because I had already had another huge ticket in play they both pulled over the car got clocked at 170 something and bike 160 something got verbal warnings and on their way.

Have the race and pull over on video too, it's on youtube lol. They didn't catch me pulling a wheelie while running tho =/

But cops are kinda in the same boat as bikers really. Some give all a bad rep, except there is probably more bad ones then good ones.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I like hearing stories like this. I want to be a police officer and hope to be just like this. some people need to be taught a lesson and that does not mean they need to get stuffed with tickets and arrested and such. I know there have ben instances where I was ticketed and I fully admit that I was speeding, but just didnt realize it because of the conditions I was in. If I had gotten a warning I would have been extremely grateful for it and watched my speed like the officer had asked. instead, I left with a sour taste in my mouth about how some people let the authority go to their head and treat someone like crap for nothing.

this is a great instance of police officers doing good to push kids to be smart. yes, street racing is a thing that happens a lot. needs to be reinforced that the track is the place for balls out racing, not the street.

good move to the officers and would definently send them rep for being cool

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
I know personally alot of good LEO's and Im proud to say alot of them are on this forum. I cant say Ive ever been busted for something I wasnt absolutely guilty of and Ive had more than my fair share of "Im gonna let you slide this time" episodes. Always great to hear the good stories. I think there are alot more than we may realise.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
$20 says they were racing on Choctaw in Baton Rouge lol Years ago the police would actually close down florida Blvd so ppl could drag race on saturday nights, but one night a guy was riding his bike and got smoked by 2 cars racing toward him with their lights off :headshake:

now everybody goes to Choctaw bec its concrete so the cars will hook on launch. Theres was a news story about it in February and they had a video of the parking lot where everybody parked to watch and wait their turn, and all u see on the video is me backing the BigCat into a parking spot. Luckily the caerma was black and white :mrgreen:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
This evening me and some buddies went cruising down one of our scenic roads a few miles out from where I live and there was a cop stopped in the road with his lights on. As I got closer I noticed that a big ass tree (maybe even a few) had fallen over and was blocking the WHOLE two lane road... You couldn't even see over the pile. It was quite a mess....

All my friends turned around but I drove up to the Sheriff and chit chatted with him a bit. Just asked him how long ago the tree had fallen and if anyone got hurt. He went on to say "have you guys ever rode down Crabb River Rd?" I replied, yessir, that is where we are headed next. He said "back in my riding days we used to ride there all the time and then go this direction and ride such and such road. Sounded like I gave him a real good opportunity to reminisce. He seemed like a pretty cool dude. He told us to be safe, and I u-turned and caught up to my buddies.

·
Registered
691 Posts
A buddy of mine got exhibition of speed tonight on his buell not even doing anything cops tried saying he was leading the pack going fast and shit. Tobad we have a Marshall that was riding with them and can vouch for the guy not doing that lol. It's a shame tho the cop feels like being a dick and is gunna cost this guy time and money when he wasnt doing anything...

Just reminds ya about the shitty cops aswell...

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
A buddy of mine got exhibition of speed tonight on his buell not even doing anything cops tried saying he was leading the pack going fast and shit. Tobad we have a Marshall that was riding with them and can vouch for the guy not doing that lol. It's a shame tho the cop feels like being a dick and is gunna cost this guy time and money when he wasnt doing anything...

Just reminds ya about the shitty cops aswell...
i think we get reminded quite enough on here about the sh!tty ones.... nice to see some postive threads! :wink:

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
If you watched "Cajun Justice" tonight,
You got to see what being a good police officer is really about.
The Fiche brothers, both cops, caught some kids drag racing tonight.
The 1st brother Deputy Fiche, let the kids go with a warning.
The kids accidentally let it be overheard that they were moving the races to a secondary spot. The cops (Fiche bros) knew right where they were going.
So they took a shortcut and beat the kids to it.
Cut their lights and lay in wait.
Sure enough, the kids show up and start drag racing.
BUSTED
They hit the blue lights and stopped the kids once again.
The older brother, Cpl Fiche decided that kids will be kids and they need to do something for the kids to keep them safe.
So, instead of ticketing or arresting them, he let them go with a 2nd warning.
And to boot, set up some track days at No Problem Racetrack.
Cops against local kids.

With all the Po Po hating going on from everyone,
I figured it was time the cops had their 15 minutes of fame for doing something good, when they did not have to.

They remembered what it was like to be young and not have anything to do in a boring ass town.

Morale of this, Not all cops are assholes.

:eek:ccasion1:thumbsup: To the Po Po
i would rep you old fuggar...but i need to rep some more peeps before i can rep you! so....:eek:ccasion1

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I started this thread because everyone post up their bad experiences with cops,
But actually how many times have each of us been cut a break when we've been caught dead to rights doing something wrong.
Not to many post that up.
Just like bikers, there are the good ones, and the bad ones.

This thread, is for the good ones. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Yeah, I started this thread because everyone post up their bad experiences with cops,
But actually how many times have each of us been cut a break when we've been caught dead to rights doing something wrong.
Not to many post that up.
Just like bikers, there are the good ones, and the bad ones.

This thread, is for the good ones. :thumbsup:
Hear ya on that one. Im with you about there being good with the bad. Unfortunately there sometimes is just not the good stories to go with the bad. I have 2 bad with 1 good and a handful of I wasnt doing anything and got let go because I wasnt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've run into a cool cop once. They are out there but I do believe they are the minority. Although I'm sure it gets difficult to be friendly and reasonable when you deal with the kinds of people they do day in and day out. I do believe a lot of guys just join the force for the power trip. They got picked on in highschool or whatever and take it out on every joe blow they pull over/question for the rest of their career.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts