Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 248 Posts

·
Vendor
6,739 Posts
Yea I did catch myself staring at that gold a few times this weekend, glad I'm not the only one lol.

I'm sure my neighbors didn't like me testing it either, sum bitch is loud.

Its easily configurable but does have limits. RPM adjustments are made via two rotary switches located on the harness side of the unit. The adjustment range is from 1,800 to 9,900 rpm, in 100 and 1000 rpm increments. Should only take a few seconds to change.

Wanted to have you update the flash for launch control but since I don't have the ability to change the flash and I don't really know what it'll work best at I wanted the ability to change it easily at the track.
Nice work, we use and sell CV4 (shameless plug). We are pretty anal about it too, get's borderline obsessive if you ask me.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
^That looks awesome! I should've hit you up before I ordered mine elsewhere, I'm sure you would've saved me money like you always do! :eek:ccasion1 Should've known better

Heeeeey.... you've got a light out! :lol:

As far as adjusting the clutch switch, I don't think that's a possibility. I had to take mine apart this weekend because the actuating assembly was stuck which was making my bike think I had the clutch out non-stop so I couldn't engage my launch control. So I cleaned it and still had the same problem. It is mounted on there with two screws that screw into the perch and then there is an alignment piece on there to make sure you've got it on in the right position.

Looked at my aftermarket levers (CRG carbon fiber shorties) and the little metal tab that goes on the actuating shaft wasn't coming off far enough to signal clutch in/clutch out. So I had to put the adjustment all the way forward so when I pull the clutch in it now makes enough gap to let the switch open/close. May be something to look at.

But same thing here, seems like the clutch wants to slip a little now when letting out, before hand I had the clutch set to where there was little to no slip. It's like having to relearn how to ride the damn bike haha. I feel like a newbie when taking off at a light; the bike revs up and I take off all slow haha.
Thats a bummer about not being able to adjust the clutch switch. I'll have to look into adjusting the levers and see if that helps at all. Thanks for the tip! Sounds like I might just have to get used to it if I want to use it thought

Old habits are hard to break and felt super scary trying to slip the clutch from having the lever right at the bar. At least we're both learning together lol

The guy I bought the launch master from had the kill box plug wired into what I think was the positive wire of the coils which caused the kill box to not actually kill ignition. Swapped it over last night and could hear the engine stutter at 4k but at 5k I couldn't hear anything when I hit the button. I'll try it out tonight and see if it works. Otherwise might run the other harness up to the front and see if that works. I hate when wiring doesn't work

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Finished wrapping the bottom of my gas tank this weekend. Gas tank was a lot easier and went pretty quick compared to the air box.

How much I had left of the 2nd 30ft roll

Look at all dat gold!

Installed the Motomaxx velocity stacks this weekend along with finally putting in the Ballistics battery.

My butt dyno is pretty outa wack, I know archer can vouch for it being out of wack lol. That being said, I didn't really fell any mid range loss with them and thing power wheelied in 1st on Saturday on the street once it hooked mid 1st gear! Hopefully get it on the dyno for some before/afters this week if the weather cooperates and dyno guy has time.

Also picked up a Baxley Sport chock this weekend. I know my harbor freight one worked just fine but bike feels more solid in the baxley and doesn't clunk when I pushed it in lol.

Also think I got my truck layout figured and my pitbull trs plate all mounted up. I'll probably try and take some pictures, maybe even a video of the setup this weekend. Should be pretty slick with the trs system and the baxley.:eek:ccasion1

Took the clutch lever off last night as well and thinking about sanding down the part on the lever that acuates the clutch switch so it doesn't engage right off the bar. I had an extra lever from a buddy thats bent so going to try sanding on that one first incase it doesn't work how I had planned.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
My butt dyno is pretty outa wack, I know archer can vouch for it being out of wack lol.

Took the clutch lever off last night as well and thinking about sanding down the part on the lever that acuates the clutch switch so it doesn't engage right off the bar. I had an extra lever from a buddy thats bent so going to try sanding on that one first incase it doesn't work how I had planned.
True that haha. 25-30HP gain, says it feels about the same haha.

As far as the clutch switch goes, I was going to sand down the actual plunger on the switch. $15 switch is easier, cheaper and faster to get and replace versus a clutch lever :)

Plus you can always take the clutch lever off and sell it if you get a different set, part out, etc. The resale value may drop if you have it "altered". Just a few ideas.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
True that haha. 25-30HP gain, says it feels about the same haha.

As far as the clutch switch goes, I was going to sand down the actual plunger on the switch. $15 switch is easier, cheaper and faster to get and replace versus a clutch lever :)

Plus you can always take the clutch lever off and sell it if you get a different set, part out, etc. The resale value may drop if you have it "altered". Just a few ideas.
Haha pretty much on the butt dyno. Thing did feel pretty quick though, might just be the colder temps but thing feels pretty fast.

I was afraid that if I sanded down the plunger it'd somehow mess it up or wouldn't work. Or if I sanded down too far it'd open up and maybe water could get in there mess something up. Probably just don't trust my sanding ability lol.

Gotta love the friendly beer! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Dropped the bike off at the dyno place to get tuned early next week! The pitbull trailer restraint and the baxley chock worked pretty slick too.

Messed with the clutch lever and took off some of the material off the lever where it hits the clutch switch. Think I got to the point where the clutch will just barley start to engage before coming off the launch master. Plan to bring a file with to the first track day so I could take a little off if I needed a bit more room!

Excited for the first track day on the 18th if the weather doesn't turn to shit!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Dropped the bike off at the dyno place to get tuned early next week! The pitbull trailer restraint and the baxley chock worked pretty slick too.

Messed with the clutch lever and took off some of the material off the lever where it hits the clutch switch. Think I got to the point where the clutch will just barley start to engage before coming off the launch master. Plan to bring a file with to the first track day so I could take a little off if I needed a bit more room!

Excited for the first track day on the 18th if the weather doesn't turn to shit!
Look at the stock rear tire!!! Good choice for Dyno pulls.
Now get it tuned and get racing:biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great write up it's an awesome read, I like ur setup, u should b dipping a little lower into the 8s with all that, I have a 2015 sitting at about 69" full brocks, flashed ecu, strapped front, air shifter, and ceramic bearing -1+5 gearing 1.3 60's 8.82 at 153mph

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Look at the stock rear tire!!! Good choice for Dyno pulls.
Now get it tuned and get racing:biggrin:
Figure put the stock tire to good use for something lol! Bike did turn a little better than with the hook up just going around the block.

Thinking I'll say screw it and take vacation on the day it gets tuned and go watch. Never had anybody touch this bike but me and I'm probably a little over protective of my baby! Can't wait to go racing, hopefully it can put down some good times! :helmet:

Great write up it's an awesome read, I like ur setup, u should b dipping a little lower into the 8s with all that, I have a 2015 sitting at about 69" full brocks, flashed ecu, strapped front, air shifter, and ceramic bearing -1+5 gearing 1.3 60's 8.82 at 153mph
Thanks!

Hopefully I can chip away on the et a bit this year, should definitely get back on my weight race diet mod though :lol: I'd kill for that kind of 60'! Sounds like you have a pretty bad ass bike!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I only launch around 6-7ish because I need to grow a pair of balls. Hope the launch master lets me focus on the clutch hand and helps be more consistent.

What do you launch at? You scoot outa the hole! Like 1.3 scoot lol

To let the video show up on this forum in your post, just copy the text after the v in the youtube url. Then just paste that between the youtube tags
PHP:
[MEDIA=youtube]jiFQbbbkgCM[/MEDIA]

Took me forever to figure out how to do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right there I think I launched at 11.5-12 I usually launch around 10.5-11 yeah I believe that run was 1.33 60' if I tried launching that low it would just bog down on me

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Nice work Cmfg

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks boosted,
yeah u could tell he was nervous forgot to put his gloves on n fighting to get in 1st gear lol

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Been out a few times this year and can't seem to get any faster than 9.1x on pump gas. Only time I halfway had the shock setup for my fatass was this past weekend and didn't wheelie or spin but I still can't cut a good 60' to save my life.

Guessing I'm around 210ish suited so I'm sure it'd be faster if I could lose some weight but I like crappy food too much.

Slip for that video ^
RT: -0.087
60': 1.503
330: 3.909
1/8: 5.906
MPH: 121.95
1000: 7.663
1/4: 9.185
MPH: 147.07

Got a run in against my buddy on his nitrous zx14. Only got the win light because of my good reaction time. Was a damn close race!
RT: .048
60': 1.525
330: 3.895
1/8: 5.883
MPH: 122.19
1000: 7.636
1/4: 9.152
MPH: 147.42

One nice thing with the launch master is I was cutting .0xx reaction times all day on Saturday and was pretty consistently slow in the 9.1

Any tips to get that 60' time down or things to try? I've got a 3 day race weekend coming up on June 19-21 that I kind of want to try to try different gearing and different launching techniques. Only thing is money will be kind of tight between now and then :headshake:

81 - 100 of 248 Posts